when does every one stop riding?? | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does every one stop riding??

I'm not sure what RDD did wrong... Imo with one word he summed up the love for bikes that we all have. Forget the snow, we want dry roads.
Motorcycles just a hobby...hmmf...disgusting x2.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what RDD did wrong... Imo with one word he summed up the love for bikes that we all have. Forget the snow, we want dry roads.

Yep +1. I think sarcasm gets lost in translation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree. I like snow, never been snowmobiling, been riding motorcycles for the last 18 years and I'm only 25. Love skiing and snowboarding, but love riding 1000x more.
Disgusting. x3

Well, to be fair, an emotional outburst from someone called Sad Rik shouldn't be a complete surprise.

Well, to be fair, an emotional outburst from someone called Sad Rik shouldn't be a complete surprise.
Very good point. Maybe Sad Rik needs a thread on why he's sad, permanently. Or has that be done already?

Was pretty nice riding today and yesterday afternoon/evening. I haven't seen anyone else out in the last week though. Tomorrow should be good, Saturday not bad either. Anyone out there riding with the heated VR-Pro gloves? I can't seem to find much feedback/reviews on them but they're looking pretty good right about now until spring.

Thought about it this weekend.. was subsequently tied up during the optimum temperature windows, then "fageddaboutit"-syndrome kicked in.

Thought about it this weekend.. was subsequently tied up during the optimum temperature windows, then "fageddaboutit"-syndrome kicked in.
Friday was great, but this morning certainly kind of sucks, yesterday was very cold. I missed out on saturday too. Hopefully this doesn't last. Can't be too many of us out right now.

That's what I was trying to convey. The Sad one must have thought I was attacking his post so he tried to hurt my feelings. :)

I never really understood this desire to ride in very cold temps, crappy roads, no to low sunlight, time of year cars are not expecting to see a motorcycle...
why take such a risk for what, to go slow, get salt and sand in your bike, mess up parts and the worse part possibly/likely drop your bike or get hit by a car

I get it if you are riding south and you just need to get out of here...clear the area

then you will say hindsight...should have left it parked
no hindsight needed...it's called foresight
duh!

to each their own

I never really understood this desire to ride in very cold temps, crappy roads, no to low sunlight, time of year cars are not expecting to see a motorcycle...
why take such a risk for what, to go slow, get salt and sand in your bike, mess up parts and the worse part possibly/likely drop your bike or get hit by a car

I get it if you are riding south and you just need to get out of here...clear the area

duh!

to each their own
My commute has always been short and local so it's not bad, the snow is non existent 95% of the time downtown on the streets from the traffic. I strongly dislike the ttc so I rode my bicycle. I'd rather ride anything motorized than ride my bike. I don't enjoy riding my bicycle but I love riding motorcycles and scooters aren't bad either. Always have to ride safe and cautiously regardless of the time of year or conditions. Obviously especially so in this crappy weather though. Damn it's been a cold crappy last few days. Can't wait for the weather to even back out and be more mild and normal like it's been. I can't get insurance on a cage.
Like you said, to each their own.

duh!

to each their own

I always liked the lack of bugs!

..Tom

lol. That's the biggest PRO to cold weather riding, lack of insects flying into our face/visor!

Where abouts do you ride. I've been riding non stop... No car means the horse gets snow tires. View attachment 36284
OK. So gentlemen, until I get some tires like these, this is officially when I park the bike. I rode last night. WOW. Thank Goodness we don't get a lot of this amount of snow these days. I don't actually recall the last time I saw this much snow downtown. Probably not since I lived on a farm in Niagara Region have I seen this much snow, unless my mind is getting away from me.
20150202_005752.jpg20150202_010033.jpg

OK. So gentlemen, until I get some tires like these, this is officially when I park the bike. I rode last night. WOW. Thank Goodness we don't get a lot of this amount of snow these days. I don't actually recall the last time I saw this much snow downtown. Probably not since I lived on a farm in Niagara Region have I seen this much snow, unless my mind is getting away from me.
View attachment 36318View attachment 36319

How much insurance do you pay for this thing?

Back
Top Bottom