Integrated Tail Light - 03 R6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Integrated Tail Light - 03 R6

MissR6

Trying to install integrated tail light on my 2003 R6 but having issues with wiring. New light comes with 3 wires, bike has 5.

Trying to install integrated tail light on my 2003 R6 but having issues with wiring. New light comes with 3 wires, bike has 5.

have a look at the wiring diagram and see what's what? connect accordingly.

My guess would be the integrated light has a common ground, where as stock probably has a separate ground for everything (brake light, turn signals, running light, license plate light, ect)

The new tail light should come with instructions so you know what colour wires do what. You can get the wiring diagram for your bike on the last few pages of the service manual. http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/...254-r6-service-maintenance-repair-manual.html

If you can't figure it out, post a photo of the instructions and the wires you're working with and we can help.

Look at the very last page of the service manual. Tail light is #67, rear signals are #61 and #62.

It looks like the triangular plug is for your tail light. It should match one in your bike, with yellow, black, and blue with red striped wires going into it.

The single blue and yellow wires are for the turn signals. Looks like your bike has rounded 3 pin connectors with two wires going into them: black and dark green on one side, black and "chocolate" on the other side. You'll have to see which is for which side. Try blue going to chocolate and yellow to dark green. If the signals are blinking on the wrong side, switch blue to dark green and yellow to chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom