Any old role playing gamers around here? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any old role playing gamers around here?

I used to hang out for a while at the Battered Dwarf. I had D & D in the 8.5 x 5.5 booklet format.l

Still have a copy of the Fenious Fingers Treasury and some old Dragons.

I used to hang out for a while at the Battered Dwarf. I had D & D in the 8.5 x 5.5 booklet format.l

Still have a copy of the Fenious Fingers Treasury and some old Dragons.

Battered Dwarf, Silver Snail when it was more than a hipster coffee shop and had 3 levels, Mr. Gameways Ark... there were a half dozen gaming stores, around Toronto, and I forget most of their names.

I can see a stack of Dragons and the Finieous Treasury from where I'm sitting. "I'm Bored Flack, the Magic User, and I rarely miss from this distance."

Battered Dwarf, Silver Snail when it was more than a hipster coffee shop and had 3 levels, Mr. Gameways Ark... there were a half dozen gaming stores, around Toronto, and I forget most of their names.

I can see a stack of Dragons and the Finieous Treasury from where I'm sitting. "I'm Bored Flack, the Magic User, and I rarely miss from this distance."

Sat at the helm of the Enterprise?

nerds-3.jpg

I played for years... the fact that some of the more fun women I know liked to play didn't hurt. Then I got busy with everything else in life again.

Somewhere in a box I have the original AD&D with the original Deities & Demigods (oh yes, I feel the fame) as well as a Beginner's set that my cousin gave me when I was about 10. Really interesting person, my cousin, was a MUFON executive and was married to Brian Good in the 60s & 70s. RIP

Last edited:
Sat at the helm of the Enterprise?

Sorry, missing the reference.

I played for years... the fact that some of the more fun women I know liked to play didn't hurt. Then I got busy with everything else in life again.

Somewhere in a box I have the original AD&D with the original Deities & Demigods (oh yes, I feel the fame) as well as a Beginner's set that my cousin gave me when I was about 10. Really interesting person, my cousin, was a MUFON executive and was married to Brian Good in the 60s & 70s. RIP

Was it the Deities and Demigods that had illegally used the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Michael Moorcock? If so that was a really limited release, before lawsuits shut them down and they had to reprint.

Maybe as little as 20 years ago. Now we've got all the money and one of the highest rated shows on TV ;)

Was it the Deities and Demigods that had illegally used the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Michael Moorcock? If so that was a really limited release, before lawsuits shut them down and they had to reprint.

That's the one. IIRC they listed Cthulhu as being 500' in height. And hit points. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *choke* You have to admire their willingness to let players try to kill anything, even planet-destroying menaces from the cold outer reaches of dead space...

Last edited:
Gameways Ark had a full replica bridge on the top floor.

Traveller? The Morrow project? Rune quest?

Really? I never saw it, and I was there a LOT.

No Morrow Project but Traveller, Rune Quest, Dragon Quest, Space Opera, ICE, Rifts, Star Frontiers, Call of Cthulhu, Palladium RPG, Cyber Punk, Shadowrun......

LOL I haven't been on in a while (probably close to 10-15 years), checked Romper Room and see this thread haha

I started to play way back in grade 8 or 9 I think ... started with Robotech from Palladium. Played a bunch more of there games as well, Shadowrun was another one ... moved onto FASA with Battletech and the miniatures, omg the miniatures cost a fortune, between my brother and I we had nearly 2 regiments of mechs plus the support forces ... regiments were I believe 108 mechs (InnerSphere that is) we had I'm trying to remember 1 or 2 trinarys of clan mechs and elementals ... played I think D&D for a little bit but couldn't get into it as much, maybe I just liked big giant mechs and bots !

Oh those were the days recording your stats on paper !

funny that this brought up 'cuz after D&D or near the start of D&D I got into MTG and bought cards from I believe 94 to 97 ... kept those cards in a closet, found a guy at my office that plays with NEW generation cards. Now we play old vs new maybe once a week at lunch ! LOL

Last edited:
LOL I haven't been on in a while (probably close to 10-15 years), checked Romper Room and see this thread haha

I started to play way back in grade 8 or 9 I think ... started with Robotech from Palladium. Played a bunch more of there games as well, Shadowrun was another one ... moved onto FASA with Battletech and the miniatures, omg the miniatures cost a fortune, between my brother and I we had nearly 2 regiments of mechs plus the support forces ... regiments were I believe 108 mechs (InnerSphere that is) we had I'm trying to remember 1 or 2 trinarys of clan mechs and elementals ... played I think D&D for a little bit but couldn't get into it as much, maybe I just liked big giant mechs and bots !

Oh those were the days recording your stats on paper !

funny that this brought up 'cuz after D&D or near the start of D&D I got into MTG and bought cards from I believe 94 to 97 ... kept those cards in a closet, found a guy at my office that plays with NEW generation cards. Now we play old vs new maybe once a week at lunch ! LOL

I could never get into the card games, though I gave it a try when MTG first came out. Maybe it was how they displaced so much product in the game stores, that really put me off them?

If you're into card games, then this might be of interest. "The Gamers: Hands of Fate"

[video=youtube;7DvlNV0riXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DvlNV0riXw&index=16&list=PLC94D9A19FF3918 65[/video]

For a laugh at Shadowrun/Cyberpunk memes there's "Natural One." It was produced by the same folks who did "The Gamers" series of movies along with the stars and producers of "Standard Action", who are from Vancouver, and shot in co-operation with Lynnvander Productions of Guelph, in Guelph and Kitchener for the most part. There's a good fight scene in Kitchener City Hall. The Canadian premier of "Natural One" is supposed to be at GenreCon, in Guelph, later this month according to Tom Gofton (one of the stars of "Natural One", founder of Lynnvander, and creator of GenreCon). They don't seem to have published a con schedule yet though.

http://genrecon.com/

Back
Top Bottom