Bifocal sunglasses and clear from DeWalt | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bifocal sunglasses and clear from DeWalt

MacDoc

Site Supporter
I usually buy safety glasses for both clear and tinted.

Got these today and very pleased ( broke my others - not as sturdily made.)

31N26th4bzL.jpg

Magnification diopter is molded into the polycarbonate lens.
Safety glass and Reading glass all-in-one
Impact resistant and 99.9% UV protection
Handgrip pattern on temple is ergonomically positioned for secure grip
Distortion free lens provides fatigue free use

http://www.amazon.com/DPG59-220C-Reinforcer-Rx-Bifocal-Performance-Protective/dp/B000646VGM

same product in clear for rain and night

311Zd2xlc2L.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1E77YYN7J1XHXY69BFKK

Let's me read my iPhone for GPS and mail etc.

Because the frames flex a bit it's a bit harder to get them on with my AFX-55 with the chin piece - but easy on for the Bell Mag8 which is a looser fit.
I suspect with the Bell I could put the glasses on and then the helmet.
Price and build is great if it works for you.

Check out Oakley Wind Jacket...best motorcycling sunglasses ever made.

Too expensive...I like $16 and safety certified.
I do have a pair of RayBans that are very nice - big coverage. But I'm hard on glasses so the DeWalt fit the bill and there is legislation as to how good they have to be optically as well as shatterproof...

I installed a pinlock shield on my helmet and added a photochromic insert (day - it darkins/ nite it's clear). Not cheap but clearly one of my better investments, no more sunglasses and NO FOGGING. Me and my bud rode the smokey mountains, he couldnt see #$@% half the time ... i never had a problem

I installed a pinlock shield on my helmet and added a photochromic insert (day - it darkins/ nite it's clear). Not cheap but clearly one of my better investments, no more sunglasses and NO FOGGING. Me and my bud rode the smokey mountains, he couldnt see #$@% half the time ... i never had a problem

in for the links & pictures...

in for the links & pictures...

http://www.racevisors.co.uk/category/pinlock-antifog-visor-inserts
ProtecTINT. or photochromic as i call them are only available in uk at present, something to do with CSA approval i think. Didn't care....got one for me and 1 for the bride...we both love them... NO more glasses in helmet and NO FOG. I had them shipped from racevisors.co.uk, great customer service, they sent me 1 incorrect shield in my order, they fussed up without question and shipped another at there expence and provided a RMA for the return. I highly recomend them.

I was touring up north yesterday and did the usual wave exchange to an oncoming rider. As he passed I noticed he was wearing a beanie helmet with no eye protection and no glasses at all. Topping that, he had an eye patch over his right eye.

When you've only got one left wouldn't you protect it?

I some states eye protection in mandatory and they look for OSHA certification on the glasses. But you don't have to have a helmet.

Just FYI if you need glasses and have insurance. There are many companies out there that make safety Rx safety glasses which would fit the bill for motorcycling quite well. Mainly ones that are made for workers that work with electricity. The frames are fully plastic and some may or may not have foam inserts (which will help with the air deflection), they are safety rated, and you can put in a Rx lens in it to suit your need (even a transition lens).

If you have vision care insurance, this purchase would be eligible for that.

No such luck....but others may benefit.
The DeWalt are a little tight in the helmet but great outside - they are large frame.
Seem okay on the Bell but the AFX-55 fits more snugly and the glasses are marginal on that but it has it's own sun shield

Back
Top Bottom