Canceling insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canceling insurance

K4D4

I want to get insurance just for October ..how much will it cost to cancel after one month Dosent matter what company cause I already have a good company im using next year? ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS

Put it in the wrong thread my bad delete it

Motorcycle insurance is pro-rated per month in Ontario. Meaning you'll get squat back if you cancel in the winter. If you go with TD, I think they renew all policies in Feb. So they would charge you from now till Feb. You could cancel after a month. I'd read the fine print tho as you may end up screwing yourself for next year. I'm sure they have a cancellation penalty. Keep fire and theft on your bike through the winter so next year you won't have to go through all the trouble again. Fire and theft are cheap and you'll be building the "have you had consecutive motorcycle insurance for 5 years" clause, which makes it much cheaper down the road. If you are a graduate of a college or university TD will give you preferred status.

Yea I only want one month tho..and TD was giving me fuckedup rates the most expensive acutauly ..like I would be ok with paying one month 250$ or whatever then canceling it for like 200$ instead of starting mine now and only being able to ride for one month and stilll paying in winter

For a better response, Why is the company giving you good rates for next year? (turning 25, getting M...)
If you look in the stickies in the insurance section it has SF and TD premium %'s per month. Use that and call an ask if they charge anything for cancellation charges.....

Looking at your last post I dont think you understand motorcycle insurance.....
You dont want to pay insurance all winter.... That goes towards your premium, As stated with TD you use 0% of your premium during the winter and 100% in the rideable months.
So if you started paying now you would have fire and theft over the winter and a chunk of your premium already paid off and a better chance at getting a refund when you do cancel compared to owing hundreds of dollars just to cancel your policy.

Last edited:
This kid's going places...

Similar to what Jeff says, think of winter insurance as free if you keep the policy in force. Assuming you plan to ride next year the bike will be street legal without the insurance company getting huffy about you cancelling.

My thoughts were more in the line of only riding for a month a year.

Yea I went with TD Just for the winter and they gave me 260 from now until feburary! Sick deal!

Yea I only want one month tho..and TD was giving me fuckedup rates the most expensive acutauly ..like I would be ok with paying one month 250$ or whatever then canceling it for like 200$ instead of starting mine now and only being able to ride for one month and stilll paying in winter

Yea I went with TD Just for the winter and they gave me 260 from now until feburary! Sick deal!
Lmao. Matt Rain had it right.

Back
Top Bottom