Hi from Guelph | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi from Guelph

smudger

Can I firstly say "Apologies for the long introduction".
I moved to Ontario from my native UK 10 years ago, basically for work as an engineer.
Back home we would ride as often as we could on the lovely roads around my native Yorkshire along with regular trips to the Isle of Man for the TT, MGP & any other free weekend we had the time & money to be able to hop on the ferry over there fromLiverpool, a weekend in the Isle of Man is as good as any track day trust me J
I made all the usual mistakes such as riding with a confidence level that was far higher than my actual skill level most of the time causing a couple of “off’s”but luckily no serious injuries were sustained.
Now 10 yearshave passed without me so much as sitting on a motor bike but I have done a lot of serious road & mountain bicycling around Ontario during that time.
I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago & the guy had a 1980ish Honda CB900-4 for sale that wouldn’t start so I sat on it, tried starting it, played around with it a bit & left it there finally returning a few hours later to buy it for the $200 he wanted & it was gone but this alone has seriously rekindled the motorbike bug in me.
Soooo, I have decided that the time is right for me to ride again but my intention is to only ride track days around Ontario & get a cheap dirt bike for playing around on but at 50 years old I have no interest in riding the public roads anymore.
My intention is to initially get a very cheap banged up dirt bike to get into the groove again through the coming winter months & then also start looking for a reasonably priced “track bike” for the 2015 summer season & by “track bike” I mean a beginners bike such as an old stripped down 600 Bandit or such like & just take it very easy in beginner/novice groups, have lots of fun & just take it from there…………any further advice would be greatly appreciated from forum members
I was searching the web for sites that could be helpful & found this one.
Stay safe everyone, Martin

Last edited:
Hi Martin. I enjoyed reading your intro and hope you find the bikes that you are looking for.

It certainly is a 'bug', isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom