More powerful brakes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

More powerful brakes

I cant help but think at the moment I felt the rear lift anymore than about a foot and a half I'd let some of that front lever go a bit. He may still have hit the girl but not superman'd it into the tarmac.

Today's lesson is that when riding aggressively its best to have ones knees and legs firmly pressing into the gas tank area of the motorcycle to prevent being squashed on the pavement like a bug when using brakes like an on/off switch...

The guy has the nerve to set up a fund so people can give him money for his various surgeries. The second bike that endos is his girlfriend.

He suffered a fractured pelvis, separated shoulder and a severe concussion. The girlfriend suffered a dislocated shoulder, broken humerus, and a broken pinky. Now, they are asking people to donate $5000. (which is bizarre, because the medical bills and bike damage bills should be way above that).
it was his GF's fault mostly and a whole lot of wrong from both

how did they break so many bones? motogp riders crash often during free practice and actual races. but they all seem to walk away.

do the two cbr riders need better gear?
Motogp riders normally don't go over the handle bars because they got freaked out from another rider mistake.

He might have. I've seen many serious riders there.

For those that haven't been there check it out; it's not flat and wide like the track on the video. It's full of blind curves and elevation changes and if you end up off the road you're going to go for a little flight into trees.
alg-robertdowneyjr-jpg.jpg

The #1 thing I am coming away from this thread with is that track day health insurance is a thing in the US. Is this recent? I seem to remember Ken or someone talking about how it was impossible to get... that was a long time ago though.

How do you figure? It's always the responsibility of the guy behind to make sure he doesn't run into people. Like on a ski slope.

His girlfriend decided to bail out on the pass, which is entirely reasonable, while he was committed to his speed regardless of what anybody else might do, which isn't reasonable. That's the way I see it anyways.

Easy to blame the gf. If i see someone riding off a cliff, I'm not going to follow.

both made wrong moves. Too bad they didn't get a free pass.

Some of the forum members like to talk as if they were rossi on their first track outing.

Another thing. The asking for money bit is laughable at best. The bar for shameless begging just keeps getting pushed lower and lower.

How do you figure? It's always the responsibility of the guy behind to make sure he doesn't run into people. Like on a ski slope.

His girlfriend decided to bail out on the pass, which is entirely reasonable, while he was committed to his speed regardless of what anybody else might do, which isn't reasonable. That's the way I see it anyways.
I understand it is the rider in the rear to pass in a safe matter but no one expects a rider to completely parked it so damn early and hard way before the end of a straight - did you see how much left of the straight they still had?

When i said a lot of wrong from both is because at a track day I would never go on anyone's slipstream exactly because they might do what she did, but ultimately it was her fault in my opinion, that doesn't mean I am right since none of us were there.

Edit: I went to watch the video again and the guy was coming way too hot behind her and wasn't prepared to react appropriately, i still think she parked it way too early but as someone mentioned she bailed on a pass and probably got freaked out at the fast approaching corner. Stupid situation

Fundraisers have become a scam everywhere in the world, people trying to benefit from the goodness of others. Good thing that never happens here ;)

Last edited:
I must say , the brakes on these bikes are powerful! they musta been goin at 100kmph +? At those speed to do endo requires powerfull brakes...wow!

Just be grateful this was caught on video for our amusement.

Back
Top Bottom