More powerful brakes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

More powerful brakes

Track days are about practice. It's not the game, it's practice. Practice, we're talking about practice. Practice! You live and die for the game, but this is practice.

:lmao:

skip to 0:50...

[video=youtube;eb8yGY9Jmdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8yGY9Jmdg[/video]

I can never understand how people can beg for money to pay for their own stupid mistakes.....Maybe Im doing it all wrong, my last bike accident cost me $25,000 cash for an Emed flight, all I was able to do is claim it as a medical expense on my tax return.....Stupid me I should have made a youtube video and raised funds to pay for it.....Next time!

The video itself, I cant count the amount of times I thought that might happen to me on track, when a slower rider goes top speed down a straight with you right on their ***, then they park it way early. Thats part of track riding though, you have to try to judge what others are going to do, and be ready for that....the white bike obviously wanst ready to handle that situation at that speed, he should have slowed down way early

The killer is he wasnt even going to hit the red bike even if he didnt do a damn thing, he would have just passed by here....Although probably blow the turn in the end anyways

Last edited:
I can never understand how people can beg for money to pay for their own stupid mistakes.....Maybe Im doing it all wrong, my last bike accident cost me $25,000 cash for an Emed flight, all I was able to do is claim it as a medical expense on my tax return.....Stupid me I should have made a youtube video and raised funds to pay for it.....Next time!

tell me about it. i never received a buck in donations. my family (and i) were given food, rides, and some little things to make things better, but never once did we ask for anything. the only donations was a wheelchair ramp built for me by a framer.
holding a fundraiser was never mentioned, let alone discussed. My mom was off work for 3yrs, dad lost over 40k in income that yr. due to lost time.

This story also highlights why track day health insurance is a necessity.
But, also keep in mind US insurance providers are absolute criminals at denying coverage under "pre-existing conditons" and you really have to read the fine print on travel insurance policies.
Most of those policies have low caps and all kinds of outs for the insurer. It's not anything like CDN healthcare. Nothing about this changed for foreigners to the US under the recent health care laws.

Good point and it's only practice, not the game.

I don't typically laugh when a motorcycle rider falls because I know that they will get hurt: I feel their pain. But in this case, I had to watch the video four times (while laughing) because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I have never been to a track day but I always try to find the most curved roads to ride on. Can any moron get on the track without any form of training? The inside line is for those with the most skill not the ones with the least brains. I've had to brake hard while riding but never managed that manoeuvre; and to have the rider behind to do the same.

So you are of the belief that until I've been on a track I'm not a good rider? I see many so called racers who while riding on the street show me the wrong line not just for the street abut also for the track.

I've ridden the Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina many times. I don't know where those two fools have ridden.

I don't think he's saying street riders are all bad riders, just that bad street riders are allowed on the track (where they are still bad riders). On the track you are much closer together and the bad techniques and lines that lead to blown corners on the street lead to pileups on the track.

He might have. I've seen many serious riders there.

For those that haven't been there check it out; it's not flat and wide like the track on the video. It's full of blind curves and elevation changes and if you end up off the road you're going to go for a little flight into trees.

I cant help but think at the moment I felt the rear lift anymore than about a foot and a half I'd let some of that front lever go a bit. He may still have hit the girl but not superman'd it into the tarmac.

Back
Top Bottom