Fatal at Kitchener roundabout | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fatal at Kitchener roundabout

Blackfin

Site Supporter
RIP.
Don't know what it is about some of the new roundabouts in southwest KW - they're slippery (weird asphalt compound maybe?). Even at a cautious pace I've had my bike slide a bit on them.

Many condolences to the rider's friends and family, may he rest in peace. Very sad to hear this.

Just around the corner from my house and I'm in this roundabout twice daily... Way too close to home.

Bad luck, on most roundabouts even if you bail, you'll just slide to a stop. RIP rider.

I wonder how he hit the ground. So sad...

On Sunday September 21, 2014 at 12:30 AM Emergency Services responded to a single vehicle collision at Fischer Hallman Rd at Huron Rd in the City of Kitchener. A 23 year old Kitchener male lost control of his motorcyle while southbound on Fischer Hallman Rd. The lone rider was ejected from the bike at the roundabout and sustained fatal injuries as a result. Next of kin have been notified. The Waterloo Regional Police Traffic Branch is investigating and are appealling for any witnesses to come forward. Please call 519-650-8500 x8856.

http://www.wrps.on.ca/major-incidents

RIP rider
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Is it possible he was going at a really fast pace and didn't notice the round about until it was too late? I'm not familiar with the area.

RIP.

He would have had to be going light speed to miss it. It's well marked. Like GrayGhost stated, bad luck... + inexperience and a wet road.. you get tossed even at 30kph and land wrong, its all over.
RIP buddy

Back
Top Bottom