disclosure Hamilton court house | GTAMotorcycle.com

disclosure Hamilton court house

gaihosa

I went to the Hamilton court house on Friday to request disclosure for some tickets I got. I asked the man at the kiosk to look at the request form I had filled out as my penmanship is not the best. He looked at it and said it was fine and stamped it. Not sure what the stamp said but it was red and large. I asked of a receipt so I can prove in court that I did ask for disclosure in case I never receive it and he said that there was no receipt. I took his work for it and left. I was later thinking that perhaps if I had ask for a photocopy of the request form or persisted that I get a receipt I may have got one. I have heard that the Toronto court house does give you some kind of receipt. Is it not the same for the Hamilton court house or is this just how it is in Hamilton?

Generally, you bring two copies; one for the prosecutor, and another one for yourself. You ask them to stamp both copies, and you keep one for yourself.

You can return to the court house and submit another disclosure request. If your penmanship is borderline illegible, you're better off using a notepad/word and printing out your request form.

Thanks, I was going to wait a month for the disclosure to arrive if it doesn't than I may go down again or send the request via registered mail. Case is not till May 2015 so I still have time. Thank you for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom