Hello | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello

rotebrink

I'm Carl, but I'll be going by my last name. Moved to Canada from Sweden in 2002 and been here (Niagara) since.

Hoping to pick up my first bike this fall/winter. Leaning in the direction of an older Japanese bike. Looked at bikes in the 200-700 cc range and between the years of 1970 and 1990 on Kijiji. Got any advice? I just skimmed through the "Step by Step guide from getting your licence to buying your bike" and have put in some research already.

I've attached a couple of images from *two ads on Kijiji. Here are the links:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...ge/1016168350?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...50/1013562751?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Cheers!

Attachments

• $_20.jpg
    $_20.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 34
  • $_20_2.JPG
    $_20_2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Oh, one more thing. How much would you spend on a used bike? I was hoping I'd be able to pick something up that runs for under $2,000. Between 2 and 3 grand more realistic for a decent used bike?

Should be able to get one for around 2-3 easy if your looking for something that old. Make sure you get something certified to save you troubles

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Don't forget to get an insurance quote before purchasing the bike.

Add to certified read up around here on who is good with older bikes. I'd have it checked out thoroughly before buying one. Parts can be rather difficult to find if it needs anything. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search

Still saving up, but once the time comes to actually go look at something, I'll post more information and try to get some in return. Thanks for your replies.

200-700cc and 1970-1990 is a pretty wide selection criteria lol are you really into that style of bike you posted or is price your biggest factor?

jcbarnar, yeah, I like the style of those eras of bikes, and as for size, I'd say I'm open minded. I understand that a 200 cc bike and 700 cc bike are two very different machines. I just figure I need something that's at least 200 and really shouldn't go any bigger than 700 for my first bike, you know? From what I've seen, it seems like the smaller sizes can be a bit cheaper, so long as the specific model isn't collectible or in super nice condition.

Don't really want to spend more than $2,200 on the bike itself. However, I'm also hoping to pick something up that I'll be able to ride for a few years pretty steadily at least.

Another question has come to mind:

Can anyone suggest some popular 70s and 80s bikes to look into that I'd easily be able to find parts for?

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :)

350 cc to 500 or 600 cc would probably be ideal. Don't want to have to worry about blowing about on the highway and like the idea of having some extra power when carrying extra weight (camping gear, a passenger, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom