Spark plug interval | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spark plug interval

Paul1000RR

Banned
Site Supporter
10 gsxr 750 owners manual states to REPLACE plugs every 12,000km, wtf?

Previous bike 06 600rr it said every 50K, yet this one every 12? Am i missing something here?

Previous bike 06 600rr it said every 50K, yet this one every 12? Am i missing something here?

Just clean them good with sand paper and they can go on forever...

Honda use iridium, Suzuki use plain iron. No rocket science here

:p fair enough, maybe they seize, my buddy had 200k in his civic and never replaced the plugs... Had a fun time getting them out lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

My 2013 Vstrom also has a recommended interval of 12000km, which I think is a wasteful interval.

I'm nearly at 36000km so I should be changing them for a 2nd time already according to the manual, but I haven't; not because of the cost -- the new plugs are sitting in my toolbox -- but more because I need to take off the fairings, gas tank, and move the radiator to get to the plugs. One of these days I will work up the energy to do that.

Suzuki also has ridiculous intervals for a coolant change (12000 if green coolant), while I think they suggest too long an interval for an oil filter change (18000km). I haven't changed my coolant yet, but I test it to make sure it is still effective. I change my oil filter at every oil change -- I think this little engine deserves it.

different engines meh. Different engines treat plugs differently, compression, flame front, rpm range, etc.

Both are iridium

Wow, since when suzuki started using iridium?
I'm running iridiums for 30k, lol. I need to change it

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Oops. 26k into the season and I'm still on the originals. I was planning on new ones over the winter

Coppers every 10-15k, iridiums every 25-30k.

Back
Top Bottom