Cold Weather Exhaust Noises | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cold Weather Exhaust Noises

SuperStealthySquid

Now that the nights are getting colder I notice my exhaust is popping alot more when I engine brake or just let off the throttle. Only really happens at night when it's 10*C or below. My bike is a drz so it is carbureted and I figure that has something to do with it.

I'm not worried as it is still running nicely, just curious if it's normal and if there are any issues I should be looking out for once it gets into the negatives?

Last edited:
Stay away from carbohydrates. Bikes prefer a high protein diet, especially in cold weather.

lol fix'd that.

I do try to feed it only organic locally produced small batch engine oil, and of course my gasoline is fair trade, that's a start right?

It's normal. The cold air is causing the bike to run more lean than otherwise. The cold air will also help keep the engine cool.

if you bike has an fcr carb. you can adjust the fuel mix for low end which is throttle closed. fcr screw is fuel. normal carbs its air. so if it gets worse turning it out. turn it in. its on the bottom in middle facing up.

Back
Top Bottom