To The Must Wear Gear All the Time Folks | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To The Must Wear Gear All the Time Folks

They had bicycles back then? :D

Riding my road bicycles creeps me out in onterrible with all the outstanding drivers we have. Waiting for this to happen one day
moto-bike-crash-o.gif

Read the rnickeymouse comments on that video..most hate is not for the guy on the motorcycle who was riding off into the shoulder and was going to hit something eventually.
When these guys grow up, they will write angry letters to the Shopping News about bicycles ("ten speeds").

Read the rnickeymouse comments on that video..most hate is not for the guy on the motorcycle who was riding off into the shoulder and was going to hit something eventually.
When these guys grow up, they will write angry letters to the Shopping News about bicycles ("ten speeds").

I agree. Come up here to forks area. City douches riding their bicycles 4 wide because they think they're entitled. I guess spending 10k or more on a road bike makes you king of the road when you're over 40 :rolleyes:

I agree. Come up here to forks area. City ******* riding their bicycles 4 wide because they think they're entitled. I guess spending 10k or more on a road bike makes you king of the road when you're over 40 :rolleyes:

Those are dentists and accountants who don't know how to ride or draft. Also, those bikes in Halton hills are wayyyy North of $10K, closer to $20K. Not hard to spend $10K.

Those are dentists and accountants who don't know how to ride or draft. Also, those bikes in Halton hills are wayyyy North of $10K, closer to $20K. Not hard to spend $10K.

Don't have to tell me. 99% of them can't ride worth a damn and I know what they spend as I have several bikes like that. They also never follow etiquette or rules of the road and then wonder why people hate them for being **********

Don't have to tell me. 99% of them can't ride worth a damn and I know what they spend as I have several bikes like that. They also never follow etiquette or rules of the road and then wonder why people hate them for being **********

Where have I heard that before? It's killing me. Anybody?

Scooters are like fat chicks they are fun until your friends see you riding them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
You stole the words outta my mouth.

I once rode a Scooter in China. Was fun
There are scooters that are significantly faster than my bike so I say yes.
MacDoc's scooter?

Hypothetically, you are given a scooter to bomb around with. It's there, it's free, you can jump on the little fella and do some running around on a thimble of fuel.

Do you strap on the Shoei, leathers, boots and gloves?

a scooter?
Is max speed > 40 kmph yes?
wear full gear
no?
wear wife beater , shorts , sandals

Hypothetically, you are given a scooter to bomb around with. It's there, it's free, you can jump on the little fella and do some running around on a thimble of fuel.

Do you strap on the Shoei, leathers, boots and gloves?

Does the floor suddenly spawn ponies for you to land on because you're on a Vespa?

No, full gear. And I'll try to knee drag the thing so I can replace the picture below.

This is the top dog scoot....tho hardly qualifies ( nor does the Burgman 650 really as the motors are frame mounted. )

[video=youtube;oBUZ_mBhs98]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBUZ_mBhs98[/video]

acceleration 170 to 220 on the Aprilla 850.

on topic....best to disguish city scoots from the larger 250 and up that are highway capable.
The latter the same choice applies be it a 125 CBR or a 150 Vespa.
Gear up or not - riders choice. The smaller scoots are less stable on the highway and easier to maneuver in the city and brakes suck.

When it gets up over 110 KPH it's really what you hit or don't that counts to survival. Skin loss is your choice

Mesh jacket and knee pads under my very light riding pants is usual minimum. I'm bad with gloves as I'm photographing and tend to stuff them in the glove box when running around back roads at wobbly speeds where dumping on a bit of gravel etc is a real possibility.

But risk is up to the player - doesn't matter what the sport.

Helmet is mandatory in Ontario just as parachutes are mandatory in solo sailplanes.
All else is up to the person taking the risks.

One thing I don't like to see is squids taking passengers without gear as the passengers will not understand the consequences or risk.

Scooter rider wants to go buck naked - up to them.

I like her choice of "gear" :D

zvespa_111.jpg

I would. But my life is worth something.

I would think that if you're into gear, you can see that a slide from 60 km/h (top speed on a decent 50 cc scoot) is very similar regardless of being on a scoot, 125cc bike, or litre bike. If you're not into gear, you don't care either way. A scoot might offer better protection to your lower body due to the "step through" design, but high end scoots aside, even the newer ones are still using tiny front discs, rear drums, and a limited selection of tires thus making a slide more likely. I think that people who wear gear, wear gear, and those who don't, don't.

Back
Top Bottom