To The Must Wear Gear All the Time Folks | GTAMotorcycle.com

To The Must Wear Gear All the Time Folks

nakkers

Site Supporter
Hypothetically, you are given a scooter to bomb around with. It's there, it's free, you can jump on the little fella and do some running around on a thimble of fuel.

Do you strap on the Shoei, leathers, boots and gloves?

Trick question, who would want to ride a scooter?

Yeah the smaller the bike the better than chance of doing stupid **** and wadding up. I ride a r6 full gear, I ride vespas still full gear just a little detuned, shorty gloves instead of gauntlet and text instead of leather. Might look like a tard but even going 40k you can end up with Road rash.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well, before I ride off with shirts and a t-shirt I'd think of my cousin who crashed a scooter
and was severely injured.

Mind you, you can easily hurt yourself badly riding a bicycle... And for the most part your going to hurt at 30-40 km ...

Scooters are like fat chicks they are fun until your friends see you riding them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edgy.

Falling onto asphalt or concrete at any speed is a bad idea, right? People trade safety for convenience all the time, no need to post a thread asking for hypothetical permission.

There are scooters that are significantly faster than my bike so I say yes.

Hypothetically, you are given a scooter to bomb around with. It's there, it's free, you can jump on the little fella and do some running around on a thimble of fuel.

Do you strap on the Shoei, leathers, boots and gloves?

pfff... Arai or die beeyotches

Myself, Id wear reduced gear because I would likely only be on city streets and wouldnt have to worry about the 110kph slide. Probably helmet, jacket and gloves. Id leave the pants and boots at home.

I want a Ruckus!

Other than a helmut, I don't see scooter riders wearing much in terms of protective gear. At least the Vespa style that are so trendy. The big scoot riders gear up.

I guess it's a hypothetical that doesn't occur because those that ride motorcycles, and ride with full gear typically don't ride a scooter. lol.

Just thinking some of those scooter riders may eventually move to a motorcycle and will the bad habits transfer over?

BTW, I'm a skull cap and tee fella for around town so, I'm of the school of thought, it's your ride, you decide.

I guess it's a hypothetical that doesn't occur because those that ride motorcycles, and ride with full gear typically don't ride a scooter. lol.

I ride both.

For the scooter, i wear helmet and gloves.

For the bike, full gear.

I fully acknowledge my faulty logic.

Well on a road bicycle the most I have is a helmet and shorty gloves.....

I don't even have that. For all intents and purposes I'm naked. Been cycling since 4yr. old so feels very natural. Once slid (while sauntering) on a banana peel @ .01km/h. Left a nasty divot. Extrapolating to 25-30km/h does not paint a pretty picture. This hypothetical queery brings a lot of conflicting emotions to the fore.

given the tiny wheels and handling characteristics of scooters, it makes more sense to gear up than on a big bike with ABS.

Even 40 km/hr crashes will lead to skin grafts, lost digits and being generally f-cked up.

Back
Top Bottom