Northern Roads | GTAMotorcycle.com

Northern Roads

BmmrMike

Hwy 124 was getting repaved between Dunchurch and Magnetawan today, should be done in a week or 2. Also hwy 520 in Magnetawan was all torn up, I would avoid unless you are on a dual sport.
17 east of North Bay had a lot of construction as well.

Thanks for the warning, I love riding in that area.

Also there was a small section of Hwy 11 southbound around Huntsville that was grooved when I was last there about 2 weeks ago.

Rode all of these (below) over the last 3 days. A bit of construction here and there but nothing that would prevent enjoying the roads. The fall colours changed dramatically Thursday and Friday with the cold temperatures.

Coopers Falls Road (4Km hard packed gravel right at Coopers Falls)
Housey Rapids Road
Uffington Road
Kushog Lake Road (still the best 10Km ride around)
Hwy 518
Tally-Ho Swords Road
The Bunny Trail
Hwy 520
Hwy 124
Stisted/Ravenscliffe Rd
23/9/117 around the Lakeof Bays
Aspdin Rd.
Hwy 632/Peninsula Rd.
Southwood Rd (2Km hard packed gravel in the top 3rd)

All of these are perhaps in the best condition they've been in all season.

Rode all of these (below) over the last 3 days. A bit of construction here and there but nothing that would prevent enjoying the roads. The fall colours changed dramatically Thursday and Friday with the cold temperatures.

Coopers Falls Road (4Km hard packed gravel right at Coopers Falls)
Housey Rapids Road
Uffington Road
Kushog Lake Road (still the best 10Km ride around)
Hwy 518
Tally-Ho Swords Road
The Bunny Trail
Hwy 520
Hwy 124
Stisted/Ravenscliffe Rd
23/9/117 around the Lakeof Bays
Aspdin Rd.
Hwy 632/Peninsula Rd.
Southwood Rd (2Km hard packed gravel in the top 3rd)

All of these are perhaps in the best condition they've been in all season.

thanks for the updating. Heading north in the next few days.

I was up north today, great day for it and the colours seemed at their peak. Took McDougall road up to 124, pretty rough for a sport bike in my opinion. Bunny Trail..again a little bumpy but not too bad and then 520 from Ardberg to 124...fabulous! They were paving at 124 and 520 so I turned around and went back the same route.

Last edited:
Came back from another day up north. With the 518 freshly paved, it gets my vote for one of the best roads in the province.

sweet - the best part

Indeed. Last time I was there, it was torn up in small pieces and made the whole experience a white knuckler, so I was not sure that they got to it yet.

I should mention. A part of the road was washed out because of some storms a few weeks ago. Although the road is red from the washout, it did not feel slippery.

Back
Top Bottom