21 year old male driver best insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

21 year old male driver best insurance

K4D4

Whatup to the new group! Just bought my first bike GS500 and looking to get insured next week and have a couple question..please only answer this if you are my age and aren't insured under anyone else! I'm 21 just got my m1 this year going for my m2 and riding school this Friday-Sunday but I won't be able to get my m2 lisence for another 60 days even if I pass(the law makes you wait) I have been driving 6 years CLEAN driving record and want to get insured just for October then cancel. If I do get it for one month then cancel will that **** me over in the long run? Also who should I get insured with I'm thinking State Farm cause so far I hear their the best for young riders...also what are your thoughts on the GS500?

Call around to get quotes. Its the only way to know for sure what rate will be best.

Its worth calling TD too. My first bike was a GS500 and I insured it with TD from October until February when they do all their renewals. They prorate their payments so you pay most in the summer when you're riding and almost nothing over the winter. I paid about $45 and got a good few weeks in before it was too cold.

GS500 is a great beginner bike. They made essentially the same engine for 20+ years because they are bulletproof. Check the oil level every tank or two of gas and make sure the valves are done on time and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Also sign up at gstwins.com

Did you not get quotes before purchasing the bike?

I know you set the rules of responding but I'm going to break them. Sorry. I'm 47. Been driving for more than 30 years fault-free. No speeding or other moving violations in memory. I have a 2010 STi and 2002 Mustang GT along with my wife's Mazda 6 and our house and belongings with State Farm. Even with all that I was still quoted over $70/mo for a little beginner-bike (CBR500R) with full coverage and a $500 deductible. Displacement seems to be what matters to SF: 400cc and below really drops the price. I think for a Ninja 300 I was quoted at <$40/mo.

Interestingly SF didn't care that the bike was a learner, that it has ABS nor (and this is surprising) that I'd taken an MSF M1X course at a local college. No discounts for any of that stuff. They seemed to just go by displacement. Maybe the "CBR" name confused them and they think it's a supersport or something...

As a young male, if you haven't gotten any quotes yet be prepared for sticker-shock.

I'm 23 but I don't ride yet... (can't afford it)

But I did ask for a quote from both SF and TD for a Ninja 300, both at $2300. Don't know if that helps much.

Yea I been getting qoutes but they are all ****.. Just trying to see who everyone is going with

Aviva should have competitive rates on that motorcycle as a new rider completing the motorcycle training course. Contact me if you would like to obtain a quote.

Back
Top Bottom