great price on a scott touring jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

great price on a scott touring jacket

Wow...that's really not bad for a goretex jacket. Don't know much about the brand or sizing though. Any insights on durability or sizing? Also note that you need to add a back protector. Not a big deal but food for thought.

Ordered it - great price $307 Cdn shipped - low Euro is good for us. Says it takes a week - we shall see.
Hope it fits. Appears to be a four season jacket - like the neck set up.
Retail is $629 - CDN - lowest I've seen is $541 CDN ...$307 shipped a bargoon.

20-550-124711_Group_1.jpg

Weather Resistance :
  • Heavy duty 500 D Polyamid with ripstop reinforcements.
  • Breathable, wind- and waterproof Z-liner GORE-TEX® construction.
Material :

• 95% Polyamid, 5% Polytetrafluoroethylene.
  • Lining: 100% Polyester.
Comfort :

• Comfortable soft and high collar system.
  • Ventilation system.
Insulation :

• Additional inner front flap insulation.
  • Removable thermal lining with super soft 80gr. Dexfil® filling
  • Special lightweight ripstop 260T tafetta.
  • Additional kidney insulation system.
  • Comfortable mesh lining.
  • 3M Thinsulate C100 insulation.
Matching Products :

• Distinct GT Pants
  • Distinct 2GT Gloves
Features :

• Waterproof storm cuff with thumbloop.
  • Waterproof black and white zipper front flap system.
  • SAS-TEC® protectors, EN1621-1 approved.
  • Pocket for optional back protector with size information.
  • Reflective elements for best visibility.
  • 2 waterproof inner pocket.
  • 4 water resistant outer pockets.
  • Long connection zipper.
  • Climate control by our removable collar system
  • Adjustments at collar, waist, hem, sleeve and cuff.
  • Pleats at elbow for greater range of motion.

What is the "ventilation system"? It's not immediately obvious. Do those chest pockets open up or something? The one thing that's absolutely necessary for these kinds of jackets is to go from good ventilation to wind blocking pretty easily.

Got a shipping notification - that was fast.

The status of your order 113375 has changed.New status: shipped
Today we have done a shipping for this order with our logistic partner DHL. For more details please read the invoice in the attachment of this e-mail. To make any enquiries about your order, please use this e-mail.

Be just about when I want to go that Ontario Highlands ride. :D
Given that it's Germans doing the sizing I'm hoping it fits fine

My layers are getting a tad tight...funny how chocolate makes your gear shink ;)

Last edited:
Ordered it - great price $307 Cdn shipped - low Euro is good for us. Says it takes a week - we shall see.

I find anything coming from Europe to be fast. I ordered some parts recently and it was delivered within 5 days. CanadaPost takes nearly that long to get across town!

Will you be hit up for duties? I find that hit and miss with European orders. I guess depends on what the item is.

There will not be duties...GST is hit and miss with courier deliveries.

How can you be certain of no duty?

Also, some couriers charge a brokerage fee. I hope DHL isn't one of 'em.

I do this for a living? ....we import every week. 13% is the HST

Below you can find HS commodity codes, import duty & tax rates and any import restrictions for Schott Leather Motorcycle Jacket for your country of import.

Brokerage fees are not duties.

DHL's own website says that they only charge 2.5% of the shipment's value or $7, whichever is greater

Schott and Scott are two different firms. I think schott is made in the usa and Scott s probably outsourced overseas.

But ya at 300 bucks it looks like a good price. Not too fond f the 3/4 cut myself.

I like the longer cut for cold and touring - all my jackets except the JR ( which I wear most often are 3/4 ).
I'll replace the less adjustable ballistic 3/4 I have now and wear this touring as long as it's not too heavy without the liner.
I will likely use my shortly JR liner with it instead of the longer one it comes with.

We'll see.

Yes, that's my understanding. Didn't suggest they are the same thing.

some don't understand the difference.

And after looking further there could be duties...tho it would be at max $54 - still a good deal.
Really depends on what DHL classifies it at and where it's made.
I'm used to electronics and motorcycle gear from the US where NAFTA rules - we never see duties added but I guess the free trade with Europe is not yet signed.

No duties but the jacket fits too tight with the liner :(
It's a size up from my JR which fits fine.
Nice jacket.

We will see what to do next.

No duties but the jacket fits too tight with the liner :(
It's a size up from my JR which fits fine.
Nice jacket.

We will see what to do next.

Unfortunate, but that's the risk you take when buying online, sight unseen. I hope you're not stuck with it.

Kid will wear it if I don't and likely saleable at $300 cash. Jacket is very nice.

Yeah I wish there was some consistency in sizing stuff. Same of course for helmets but there it's also head shape to deal with.
RevZilla has been good for no questions asked returns.

GP Bikes carries some Scott gear. I purchased their rain gear last year and have been very happy with it. In hindsight you probably could have gone out to Whitby to try on some Scott jackets to see how they fit before ordering.

Is it a size large? Might be willing to take it off your hands if the fit is correct.

some don't understand the difference.

And after looking further there could be duties...tho it would be at max $54 - still a good deal.
Really depends on what DHL classifies it at and where it's made.
I'm used to electronics and motorcycle gear from the US where NAFTA rules - we never see duties added but I guess the free trade with Europe is not yet signed.

So its just GST for US sourced Motorcycle gear? (Plus whatever brokerage the delivery service charges?)

Back
Top Bottom