Get your mopeds out! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get your mopeds out!

eng2007

Site Supporter
Just got insured my PC50 for.....(drumroll)....$147 a year. You get an awesome diplomatic red plate that says 'MOPED' on the bottom, too. ;)

weeeeeeeeeee

P1080008.jpg

If the cages gave me more room I'd think about it. Don't you ever get pushed to the curb?

It's not a proper moped if you can't carry it.

08_08_2012_rouge_moped_02.jpg

There's something so cool about little bikes like that. I can imagine the Sunday morning coffee run turning into a full on adventure on one of those and even a generic medium black would cost more than the gas to get it. Whatever engine size that is, I'll take one with the stroker kit.

That thing looks like it would be almost as hard to pedal as the current crop of ebikes. Nice looking bike though.

When they had 50cc World championship racing, they got 9hp from 2-stroke 50cc, which is a lot for that weight (the bike, can't comment on the rider). Faster than any e bike.

When they had 50cc World championship racing, they got 9hp from 2-stroke 50cc, which is a lot for that weight (the bike, can't comment on the rider). Faster than any e bike.

I'm not commenting on the speed of the bike, I'm commenting on vehicles pretending to be pedal bikes when they really aren't. They are motorbikes (some cool, some not) that have pedals attached (substantially for decoration as pedalling one further than 5 feet is almost impossible).

I'm not commenting on the speed of the bike, I'm commenting on vehicles pretending to be pedal bikes when they really aren't. They are motorbikes (some cool, some not) that have pedals attached (substantially for decoration as pedalling one further than 5 feet is almost impossible).

That's one reason why I don't really get the hate on eBikes thing - i've at least pedaled an eBike when it ran out of batteries... a little difficult compared to a normal bike, but still "pedal-able". I've also tried using the peddles on mopeds... anyone that tells me they could/would pedal a moped for any length of time has obviously never tried to pedal a moped when it runs out of fuel. Heck, even trying to start my dad's moped after a winter sitting in the barn is enough of a workout to steer me away from pedals for the rest of the season!!!

That has to do with moped laws more than anything.

My Dad has one (Honda PA50) and my buddy became addicted to them earlier this year and now has NINE. Here are just a few:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-h1Y3gU3r938/VBmXwX2yjeI/AAAAAAAAB44/AMkqwEhWTLk/w958-h719-no/IMG_1794.JPG[/img

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DR5QutE2YRU/VBmXwlsdp9I/AAAAAAAAB5A/YqdCN9nvqCI/w958-h719-no/IMG_1496.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-r8Iyp1pPW7w/VBmXwZsKdKI/AAAAAAAAB48/d5Bam-th0OY/w922-h529-no/cady.jpg[/i][/QUOTE]

Is that a CBR125?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Have three with licences now, 1960 Norman Nippy mk4, 1974 Casal Boss and a 1975 Puch Maxi S. Sold many over the past twenty years, best one was a 1999 Tomes LX which would top out at over fifty five mph. Even did the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding roads with that one. Lots of kits available to bring all the power out of the little motors, just need to know where to look.

My Kymco is 50cc 80 kph and can be green plated for LM license. I pay $89 a year. My Yamaha C3 is the same. Helps being older.

06super9r.gif

07c3.gif

Back
Top Bottom