Thinking of adding a Weestrom | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of adding a Weestrom

love the look of that GS style....if it holds up well it could be great. Though I'd want something in the 600cc range....maybe 500.

Last edited:
How about a Chinese gs?

http://www.adventuremotorcycle.com/spotlight/news-archive/19-spotlight/news/713-news-csc-rx3-cyclone

gallery4.jpg

lol then it would literally be called a wee-strom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very very good bikes. You'll love it ..

...and here I was finally convinced the Burgman was the "do all" bike

If I ever buy non-sport bike, it would be Wee-strom or KLR. I prefer 1k engines - what's the general opinion on 650 vs 1000 with wee?

.and here I was finally convinced the Burgman was the "do all" bike

It is...with the exception of off pavement. Most Burgman
650 owners will say it's the best all around machine they've owned - me included.
12 years with few changes...BMW's knock-off was a compliment to the solid design.
I had fun in the twists yesterday for 6 hours then slabbed it for 7 hours today very comfortably despite occasional showers ( could have gotten home tonight but a tad chilly fpr the gear I've got )...and will grocery shop tomorrow.

Easy to ride and incredibly reliable.
Eating tires bugs me on the longer jaunts and not having off pavement option.

Totally different beasts. Really different classes of machines.

What about the Tiger 800 XC or BMW F800GS ?? I know the price is up there ... but they are pretty sweet.

I would suggest the KTM 690 Enduro R, but that's definitely off-road biased heh heh

Can't comment on the Tiger tho I suspect a similar class to the Wee and for sure the BMW.

The adventure twins are very different from the thumper singles. The KLR is 40lb lighter, 21" front wheel, 35" seat height and far less HP.

The BMW G 650 GS Sertão is comparable to the KLR and 30 lb lighter yet than the KLR

2014_BMW_G_650_GS_Serto_1140566.jpg

http://motorcycles.findthebest.com/l/1635/2014-BMW-G-650-GS-Sert-o

pretty fine deal but no farkles tho I for sure then could get financing.

The Burgie did so well the last two days and the tires were not as badly worn as I thought they might be so Weestrom idea is less top of mind. The run up 77 from Wytheville to Cleveland was very quick and comfortable.
7 hours 400 miles and not the least tired.....if I'd not left so late I would have run home but it was cold and the 90 is notorious for deer.

I could cure the tire issue on the back by going dark side.

Since I'm hoping to get to Aus 6 months ( 3 and 3 ) I'll get my off pavement jollies there on the KLR which is looking very pretty.

Thanks to a friend who likes to tinker.

I think I may wander up to Brampton and see if I can con a ride.
No response to an email I sent...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Yup, those that run them like them...
UCC641-2.jpg

Didn't realize the burgman weighed so much....

600 lb + rider and gear and 14" on the back.....and it runs 20 degrees hotter than the front = rapid wear. :(

I just purchased a very lightly used 2012 wee w/ ABS for $6500, FWIW. It has the hard luggage (panniers and top case) and only has 3500 km! This was from a private sale. Got the safety yesterday so now I just need to slap the plates on it and ride!

$_20.JPG

This is with the luggage off. The previous owner had it lowered (in case you're wondering why it looks a little low). I had it raised back up but now need a longer kickstand...
I'll report back on my impressions once I've put some mileage on it but from all the reviews out there you really can't go wrong.

Nice...I'm considering now a cheap dual sport kid can ride to work in winter and I can beat around in the summer in the dirt.
Older KLR or some such that don't care much if it gets dropped in the slush.

I when I think of what we put our 70s era road bikes through.
Current ones are pussies ;)

Back
Top Bottom