Thinking of adding a Weestrom | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of adding a Weestrom

I have a tall Windstrom with no lip. I had it mounted on both my DL1000 and my DL650, and it was a great windscreen for touring. I went with this one because I'm taller and I can still see over the top.

I tried it with an early version of the Madstad and it was way too top heavy. It'll mount, but won't work well. I didn't find it necessary, to be honest.

MacDoc, if you want to give it a whirl, I'm happy to lend it to you for a bit. PM me if you're interested.

any one seen this for the DL

WindStrom%202012-17b.jpg

http://www.mindspring.com/~windstrom/WindStrom/

wonder if it mounts on the Madstad??

Quack!

What's with the "beaks" any ways?

One could buy a beak in Germany as an aftermarket kit for the Vstrom as early as 2008. A kit is also available for the Super Tenere. For 2015 Africa Twins will now have beaks, the VFR800X Crossrunner will also have a beak. None of this is functional of course, it's a fashion statement like fins on cars of the late 1950s.

What's that you say?, 'If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. then it must be the 650XT?':p

Attachments

• DL650XT.jpg
    DL650XT.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 33
Re: Quack!

Thanks Oomis there is actually one for sale on Strom Troopers I think.

Pretty happy with the MadStad.

Adventure seat is taller so a bit of tippytoe....but like the geometry change with my knees and bars so will lower it 1/2 inch and be done.

0810-S031-800x800.jpg

Heated grips are very nice tho a bit of a bear installing and getting the throttle lock to work as well. 40% was lots.

Oxford-Hotgrips-Touring-500x500.jpg

All coming together - should be complete next week.

what is with that seat - looks like a fart cavity built in:)
but seriously, how would that seat be for shifting weight around when cornering?

Ask the guys that own them on StromT...more room to shift around than the stock one and the material is very nice - something that the manufacturer promotes.
That design comes out of the bicycle world. Unfortunately have not yet had a long run.

I missed a DayLong by a few hours :(

Maybe so - I'd have to sit on one to see, but it seems like it would be better for long distance riding than sliding around on the seat in the twisties. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it also seems like it would stay wet after a rainfall because the material looks like it absorbs water. Either way - looks comfortable:)

Staying wet is complaint - Beadrider solvea both the wet and the sliding around but with both have to lower the bike a bit.

I got it cheap enough I can flip it if it doesn not work out.
Feels hard initially then comforms nicely as you ride.

I was going to go for a Sargent after a good experience with those on the KLR.

Did not like the Adventure yesterday - a bit hard but adding the Beadrider today and it's a go for distance tomorrow
I suspect the cold weather did not help the Adventure conform and it was not that long a ride.

Adding the Beadrider really worked and even tho not entirely flat footed - near enough to feel very comfortable...

Pointed south tomorrow early.

The Daylong seat arrived today ....worried that it is a bit tall but verrrrrry comfortable. Will see when I have my boots on .
and it's not snowing.
FZ-08 got tucked in for the winter today. Burgman and Wee still ready for decent days.

Daylong seat is for sale. $440
Looks like this - same colour and design. Prefer to sell this weekend or week as heading to Australia Feb 7th

Daylong seat is for sale. $440
Looks like this - same colour and design. Prefer to sell this weekend or week as heading to Australia Feb 7th

The Daylong seat arrived today ....worried that it is a bit tall but verrrrrry comfortable. Will see when I have my boots on .
and it's not snowing.
FZ-08 got tucked in for the winter today. Burgman and Wee still ready for decent days.

Decided it was too tall? Bought another brand?

yes...loved it when riding....so did the kid but just a bit too tippy toe and we will be heavily loaded for 24 days riding
was soooo happy when one came up then....my 30" inseam just too short.
It's mainly width that is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom