$_20.JPG

ColourWhite
Kilometers39345
Year2010
$6k

And I can likely get financing.
Like the setup

Any thoughts?

They're brilliant bikes, if a bit top heavy, similar to my Versys, and the KLR.

Adding? You're tired of the scoot?

Does the 2010 have ABS? I would definitely get the version with ABS.

While the cases, engine guards, etc, are worth something... I somewhat feel that $6k is too much.
A brand new one fresh out of the box can be had for as low as $7999 plus HST (you can talk them out of PDI and freight).

Anyway, I love my wee... by far the best/most capable bike I have ever ridden and hasn't let me down even once. All those miles of gravel on the Lab highway and nothing broke, shook lose, or failed in any manner. I just wish I was stronger and a better rider to be able to use it much offroad -- since I'm not, I paired it with a DRZ400... now my garage is full with two great Suzukis.

Wicked bike - back when I was doing some work for CMG we had the three Suzuki 650's (DL/SV/Burgman) and did the black fly rally - the 12 hour, not the full 24, but it was a hoot switching back and forth on the bikes. The DL so grabbed me I bought one within weeks.

Performed flawlessly on an 8 day, 8000+ km blitz out to Utah & Colorado.

Miss it - would buy another without question.

I'm not a big fan of the stock colour matched luggage - there's nicer aftermarket options. I also like the looks of the older models than the newer ones. That one seems to have skid plate, crash bars and hand guards. What else does it come with? Centerstand? Madstad, etc? An aftermarket seat is a must for long distance. The 2007 onwards came with optional ABS, so see if it has it or not. I have had non ABS model (2006 w 90k) and my current bike with ABS and prefer the ABS on pavement, but not as much on gravel and soft surfaces.

FWIW, I bought my brand new, completely stock, k11 DL650 in April 2012 for $8200 all in. Mine has been a bit of lemon with regards to a few minor things like having to replace a clutch, stator and regulator. All parts were defective in some way or another which is very rare for these bikes. I don't know of one other DL that has had the same parts fail and all three of these parts were sent to Suzuki Canada as there have been no records of these parts failing on any DL's at such low mileage. I'm sure you know that most of these bikes can easily hit 200k with none of these parts requiring replacing. Otherwise, the bike has been really awesome with about 60k on the clock now. Exceptionally fun to ride as a commuter or long distance bike with light off road capability.

2010 SE is the loaded version with ABS and the touring luggage.

I'm keeping the Burgman but I would like the extra power the Vstrom provides and the extra range.

Also the Burgman eats tires. Goes with the turf.

The Vstrom will be in between the ST1100 and the KLR 650 as far as top heavy goes and I likely would opt for a Sargent seat tho the one on it looks good.
I sold the ST1100 so have half the cost of that Wee available.

If it's still there I might go up when I get back.
I suspect many would not like the white and I'm fine with it. Knowing the dealer they stole it for a song.

A number of the Burgman riders in the US see the Wee as the "other bike".

Will give me light off pavement, longer riding range, longer tire life, MUCH better suspension, more power.
I can also strip off the luggage for a lighter ride

I give up shaft drive and effortless riding..roll and go.., weather protection, heated grips, power screen and very low CogG, superb lights and brakes and excellent storage.
Step through is and was meaningless. Saving my clutch hand was the primary purpose. I do like braking with both hands but either way is fine

AFAIK both are very reliable.
With a smaller front the Wee should get better mileage.

The Burgman with it's huge front sucks fuel once you hit 120 or so - I'd love to do 400 km on a single fuel up.

••

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...2010-suzuki-v-strom-650-abs-ar66386.html#main

Looks like the Bark Busters and a few other bits are after market.
Some might shy off the mileage but does not bother me.

WS-552-18-thumb.jpg

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Suzuki-VStrom-2002-11-Reg-No-Heat/

The Sargent is amazing on the KLR so would think even better on the Wee

Last edited:
Thinking of upgrading to the strom. I'm a short rider but the bike fits exactly what I need. Love the white, lately I've had an affinity for white, but It's gotta stay clean.

Let's us know if you bite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How short?

Riding buddy was height challenged and dropped his twice on he same ride. Finally sold it. I think BMW has solutions fpr shorter riders.
My inseam is 30" so I struggle with the klr ( 35" ) tho fine when on it.

Vstrom is 32.2" versus the Burgman 30" but the suspension on the Vstrom, like the KLR has much longer "sag" than the Burgman
You considered a BMW Scarver??

White doesn't stay clean but that's never an issue for me. Burgman gets washed when it rains :D

I met a very handsome early middle aged couple on a white new generation wee under a bridge on the 401 west during a deluge of rain. It turned out to be a most pleasant experience. Was very tempted to acquire white wee. Flakey, I know. White is right.

Haven't officially measured my inseam... But for what it's worth I tippy toe (comfortably) on most sport bikes (gsxr6 and r6) and I'm perfectly comfortable with only a foot on the ground. My only concern is when my passenger tries to get on, maybe centre stand it, have her get on then on we go.

Not a fan of having to lower bikes and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that oz dollars in oz?
Why did you sell the st?

Not much diff these days - sold in OZ dollars.
Touring plans did not work out and I wasn't going back to Oz for a year - The KLR is nicely tarted up now by a friend.
Always wanted to try a big Honda 4 - got that out of my system.
Just confirmed I prefer the intermediates.
•••

That 2012 looks good and there is quite a change apparently including seat choice from Sargent.

All the input appreciated.....still considering..

Suzuki has large discounts on 2013's , brand new $7,200. , your still close to 9 out the door with all else in I would think. But 6k with probably $8oo worth of bags , $200 kick plate, center stand and that's not far off the mark for that white used one you posted.

The bags have an awkward shape. The trunk overhangs the seat too much, and pushes a passenger forward.
It's probably to put the centre of gravity in a better spot, but it's still awkward.
It is rated for lots of weight for its size, compared to some bigger bikes.

i had the clutch go on the DVP, and the replacement was also installed incorrectly, there might be a problem with the installation manual. An adjustment screw or nut down under the cover wasn't snugged up, so there was was too much play in the wire in one direction.

No passenger ever. I found the sidecases on the ST1100 adversely affected handling in the twists so ran without them most often tho a 25 litre top case was marginal - fortunately it's always warm there.
So the forward factory side cases might work well to avoid that. Damn thing is wider than the Burgman whose nickname is lardy for good reason.
WIde front is good tho for days like today.

Actually like that 2012 without the top box for day to day to day travel but not sure how big those side cases are.

I'm used to 105 litres on the Burgman and that has some spare unless I'm down to zilch on me ( ie lose the jacket in hot weather ).

I figure 100 litres closed storage is about right for solo. Touring..

Burgman is feeling good today ....cruising 77 in West Virginia at 115 real was decent when there was no truck turbulence.

Heading north as it's misting rain. If I do one more this year will be WV,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom