GP Style shift pattern... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Style shift pattern...

I just assumed that for track a quickshifter was now common, more positive shift either direction and you don't have to worry about foot position in tight left handers.

I never thought Id need it until I got to a certain level on the track, now its become a problem in certain areas of certain tracks with regular shift....I just got back from Calabogie, and for instance turn 4 I am coming into it 3rd and depending how well I take turn 3 I end up having to shift just before of after 4, and its real hard to get my foot under the shifter to shift up before leaning the bike over, or trying to get it under to up shift as Im still leaned over...More then a few times I scrape my boot because of that, and its a fast corner so a boot scrape under the peg can get sketchy

For that reason I want to go GP shift for the track, I dont think I would convert my street bikes....Unless it becomes a real challenge to remember both

I just assumed that for track a quickshifter was now common, more positive shift either direction and you don't have to worry about foot position in tight left handers.

My quick shifter will not work properly without a nice positive upshift, if I lazy shift it or dont get a nice through, it will miss shift...So again getting the boot under while leaned over for a nice positive upshift is hard at times......

Rode my street (well, now track) bike at track a couple weeks ago. Used to GP shift, new track bike is regular shift. Screwed up a few times early in the day, but sorted it all out by 3rd session at the latest.

Wasn't a big deal to switch back and forth from regular shift (Triumph) to GP shift (Suzuki) when I was doing it.
Both new street bike and new track bike will be standard shift for the time being (can't justify the expense of new rear sets, as the knuckle can't be flipped on my Triumph).

I never thought Id need it until I got to a certain level on the track, now its become a problem in certain areas of certain tracks with regular shift....I just got back from Calabogie, and for instance turn 4 I am coming into it 3rd and depending how well I take turn 3 I end up having to shift just before of after 4, and its real hard to get my foot under the shifter to shift up before leaning the bike over, or trying to get it under to up shift as Im still leaned over...More then a few times I scrape my boot because of that, and its a fast corner so a boot scrape under the peg can get sketchy

For that reason I want to go GP shift for the track, I dont think I would convert my street bikes....Unless it becomes a real challenge to remember both
I short shift while flipping from right to left, then roll it wide open. Did not hurt my lap time. Might not work for you as we all ride a little differently.

Back
Top Bottom