What bike do you want today? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What bike do you want today?

It's also Euro 3 compliant, road legal. Uses GDI and a 200:1 gas to oil ratio.

Japan refuses to go back to two-strokes, even though they can be made clean. The leader on this R&D right now is Evinrude. Japan decided to never go back to two-strokes.
I'm hoping someone like KTM or Rotax revisits this.

For a great history of two strokes, read Max Oxley's "Stealing Speed: the biggest Spy scandal in motorsport history". Great stories about how the modern two stroke was perfected by ex-Nazi rocket engineers working for MZ in Communist Germany, and how Suzuki stole all of the technology.

Suzuki stole nothing, they bought it from a CZ factory rider working for a company that didn't believe in patents.

Suzuki stole nothing, they bought it from a CZ factory rider working for a company that didn't believe in patents.

1. Read the book
2. It's MZ, not CZ
3. The Rider for MZ was Ernst Degner, who defected from East Germany with a suitcase full MZ parts and had a $10,000 cash payout from Suzuki provided he could get a working engine running at 22 hp or better. Suzuki's guys brokered the whole move. Later, Yamaha stole the specs from Suzuki, as up to 1976, the piston and chamber designs were all very similar to the original MZ design of Kaaden

The book is written by Max Oxley, who writes for Motorsport in the UK and several racing publications, and he has interviews with people at MZ.

It's timed so it reinforces the piston moving the exhaust out and reflects energy back to improve performance - the crack crack you hear from a high end two stroke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_chamber

Arbeitsweise_Zweitakt.gif

Last edited:
^^ Wtf is that stupid looking header on 2 strokes?

Tons of power in that stupid looking pipe. If you stick a 4 stroke exhaust on a 2 stroke, it behaves terribly.

The pipe is tuned for a certain rpm, which gives you the ridiculous surge in power on a 2-stroke once the motor comes onto the pipe. For the most part, the angles don't vary much, the length of the chamber depends on the rpm you want boosted and the temperature of the exhaust gas, the snail like shape is just a way to fit it onto the bike.

I loves me a good stinger.

Simply 'cause it's cool...

Lightning-Motorcycles-LS-218-Quail-Lodge-Bryan-Delohery-04.jpg

weird....works on the nexus...not the iphone, pics don't and link does on windows....must be a harley thing....shiiite! now my laptop is leaking oil....

Followed that build on Advrider. The guy is very capable, does good work. I guess the only remaining question is why?

Back
Top Bottom