Holy dirty air filter! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy dirty air filter!

Motorcycle Mike

I finally got around to changing my air filter today; 35000km including a trip across Labrador and plenty of gravel travel:

WN7PkYq.jpg

Xqd5qZY.jpg

The bike runs much better now that it can breathe again.

It looks better than this...
ae7901f2574affa4257c253a7c6a5fdd.jpg

My KLR filter after the Trans Lab. :)

e17c685eff9a60ffed46e6db36de3a64.jpg

My Versys after 37,000km of mainly highway with a few gravel roads.

I finally got around to changing my air filter today; 35000km including a trip across Labrador and plenty of gravel travel:

WN7PkYq.jpg

Xqd5qZY.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. Just blow it clean with compressed air, see if you can shine a light through it and reinstall.

Be a real man and use cigarette filters just like Biodome. You'll thank me in the long run!

Nothing wrong with that. Just blow it clean with compressed air, see if you can shine a light through it and reinstall.

Exactly.
You can also just vacuum it out with the light brush attachment. As long as it's clean, no holes, and not brittle or shredding off then you are fine.
It's a good idea to clean them out every 10k then the crap does not accumulate.

I hope some of you reading this google's and quickly check yours, you might be in for a surprise even if you bought a used bike from a dealership recently.

I didn't bother cleaning the old one, I just replaced it. Only $35 for OEM.

I would clean the filter more often if it wasn't such a PITA. On a Wee-strom you have to remove both side fairings and lift the gas tank to get to the filter.

Clean a filter? Just buy a new one. It's a yearly item I replace regardless of condition. Not like it empties your wallet :rolleyes:

Clean a filter? Just buy a new one. It's a yearly item I replace regardless of condition. Not like it empties your wallet :rolleyes:

at $40+ and to prevent tossing into landfill...that's a tank of gas these days...lol
I guess I am one of those ppl that try to reduce tossing things in the trash too quickly.

My car's filter can get pretty clogged with seeds due all the maples in the area. Once, the pleats were jammed with unshelled peanuts. Obviously a squirrel in the area, but I don't know how they got through the airbox and down the intake.

Back
Top Bottom