Zx12 Fi code issue | GTAMotorcycle.com

Zx12 Fi code issue

silverbullet132

[video=youtube;Dz94bLMyRIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz94bLMyRIQ[/video]

Cyl1 does not fire and sounds like something might be wrong internally there. Can't get all 4 plugs out to do a compression test. Any idea what the codes might mean? Here is the code table, I think it is #45 but have no idea how to check it, especially since the bike does start and run (on cyl 2-4)

Codes1.jpg

I couldn't say for sure but it looks like what that code is pointing towards. Its at least worth investigating. Are you saying it sounds different than normal? There might be some instructions for testing it in the service manual if you have one.

I couldn't say for sure but it looks like what that code is pointing towards. Its at least worth investigating. Are you saying it sounds different than normal? There might be some instructions for testing it in the service manual if you have one.

Ill replace the relay and go from there. Its odd that the code only shows up when I pull the stored codes, and nothing comes up under current codes.

Ill replace the relay and go from there. Its odd that the code only shows up when I pull the stored codes, and nothing comes up under current codes.

I just watched it with sound. Didn't realize the constant blinking was the current code. Does it say anything about that in the manual? Some posts I found have suggested dead battery but I'm guessing it's not that if it's starting and running.

What year?

I just watched it with sound. Didn't realize the constant blinking was the current code. Does it say anything about that in the manual? Some posts I found have suggested dead battery but I'm guessing it's not that if it's starting and running.

What year?
2000 and it was hooked up to a booster pack for the video

This is suggesting constant short flashes means there is no code. It also suggests that the fuel delivery system doesn't have any sensors that would throw codes even if there is a problem there.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=2196&set_time=1017794918

I would start by getting the battery into working order. Then have a quick look at the fuel pump to make sure it's working normally. If that still hasn't fixed the problem, start looking into the fuel delivery system. Specifically on the cylinder you're having trouble with.

Back
Top Bottom