hand guards from ebay | GTAMotorcycle.com

hand guards from ebay

Brant Bandit

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Dirt-B...ccessories&hash=item2c8be2da1d&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

Ive ordered some heated grips for my bandit but im also thinking about some hand guards. the barkbusters are really expensive, but i found this cheapo set on ebay for like $20 shipped.

might be wirth a shot at that price, but does anyone have any other ideas?

if i get them i'll do a review, but i might be throwing my money away.

i just want something for the cold weather that would come right back off when it warms up.

what do you guys think? did i actually find a good deal?

If you just want some wind deflection, those will probably work. Those are just roost protectors for motocross racing. If you want actual hand guards for riding through the bush, then they won't help at all.

Yeah, exactly. Just looking to deflect wind. With the weather today I think I should be looking at motorcycle snow tires instead though.....

For about the same price, Princess Auto carries HippoHand-type things that are way more effective in cold weather than hand guards. Way uglier too, if that matters to you, but they are easy to mount and remove

For about the same price, Princess Auto carries HippoHand-type things that are way more effective in cold weather than hand guards. Way uglier too, if that matters to you, but they are easy to mount and remove

And they LOVE to trigger your brake light at highway speed!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Dirt-B...ccessories&hash=item2c8be2da1d&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

Ive ordered some heated grips for my bandit but im also thinking about some hand guards. the barkbusters are really expensive, but i found this cheapo set on ebay for like $20 shipped.

might be wirth a shot at that price, but does anyone have any other ideas?

if i get them i'll do a review, but i might be throwing my money away.

i just want something for the cold weather that would come right back off when it warms up.

what do you guys think? did i actually find a good deal?
I have the Oxford Heaterz on my bike and recently installed Bark Buster Storm hand guards. It takes the edge off the wind, but now spoiled air hits the gap between my gloves and jacket, so I find cool air bugging my wrists! Gauntlet gloves take care of that, but I also considered changing the level of the Storms to change where the air strikes coming over the top. Hmmm. I bet you I'd change them back in July for more air on my hands.

You can't win. Lol.

And they LOVE to trigger your brake light at highway speed!

Yeah, it's a good idea to zip tie them to the bar ends so the wind can't push them back against the levers. I run them over top of my hand guards, so I don't have to worry about it

Yeah, exactly. Just looking to deflect wind. With the weather today I think I should be looking at motorcycle snow tires instead though.....

Don't say that. I'm likely to have my bike as my only mode of transportation until the end of October.

Don't say that. I'm likely to have my bike as my only mode of transportation until the end of October.

haha, I hear you. I'm going to ride as long as I can, hopefully to the end of October if not later. The frost I saw in the fields on the way to work today have me somewhat discouraged though.

What bike are you attaching these to? My Daytona offers 0 protection from wind on hands. Actually had to wear heated gloves this morning on the way to work.

What bike are you attaching these to? My Daytona offers 0 protection from wind on hands. Actually had to wear heated gloves this morning on the way to work.

I'll be installing them on my Bandit 600 S. The heated grips are awesome, but the wind deflection will help I think. I'll post pictures and a little review when I get them.

Those things make me kind of nervous. If I pull my hand out, what if I cant get it back in the sleeve quick enough in case of a surprise on the road? I bet they'd work great though, just not for me.

When that happens just grip it over the muff, its what I do.

What kind of heated grips did you go with? How do you like them?

I got the Oxford Heaterz sport grips and they're amazing!

I also just got my hand guards, but they won't fit. They're smaller than I thought, but I can't wedge them between my clutch lever and switch.....too tight because of my choke lever on the switch housing. Bummer. They don't look bad. I might see if a friend wants them for his atv or post them up for sale.

I definitely need the kind that attach to the bar ends.

Back
Top Bottom