Food Fraud? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Food Fraud?

nobbie48

Site Supporter
You crave a croissant and end up with bread dough in the shape of a croissant. Kaiser buns made from generic bread dough. Egg rolls made with cabbage instead of bean sprouts. Eccles cakes made with apple instead of currants.

What exactly goes into coffee whitener? Latex paint?

Some stuff is legit but where have our taste buds gone? There are hundreds of varieties of carrots but the ones we get might as well be made from dyed tree branches.

Boneless chicken or tasteless chicken?

They've created a gloop that can be mixed with meat off-cuts that glues them together into what looks like a whole chunk of meat. Stew beef can be reprocessed into roasts and steaks. Yum.

Rant over, not looking forward to lunch.

Edit: Add butter tarts that don't dribble down your chin.

Last edited:
They've created a gloop that can be mixed with meat off-cuts that glues them together into what looks like a whole chunk of meat. Stew beef can be reprocessed into roasts and steaks. Yum.

This is just a natural enzyme that they use. It is the enzyme that every body makes to coagulate blood from cuts.

Caveat emptor.
Instead of going to the mega-supermarket, patronise your local butcher, fish monger, baker, and green grocer. Get to know them, develop a relationship. They in turn will learn your tastes and preferences. Much like librarians, most of them are a severely under utilised source of information.
Yes, you'll pay more but well worth it, in my opinion.
And anyone who uses powdered coffee whitener deserves what they get.:D

Last edited:
I think any processed food is fraud... picture shows an orange on the drink box,, label doesn't even say orange in it... grape, apple, words I can't pronounce.. it does say orange drink, which lets you know it is NOT real juice.
then you get into GM .. so is lettuce real? carrots,, tomato, cucumber... oh, it just goes on and on..
Chicken that is cooked with a cup of sugar stuffing in it.. is that good chicken.. I guess it isn't fraud.. as it is chicken.
I have been in a lot of food processing labs.. I don't understand what they are mixing.. but It is obvious it isn't food they are mixing ,,, to be able to achieve longer shelf life.. or texture that is palatable by adding wood shavings..
look that one up about fiber and wood sawdust as filler...
lol
bread that never molds

Fraud is a pet peeve of mine. Last night I went in specifically to pick up blueberries as I had done two nights previous. The price was up 20% (same containers) higher but the kicker was that the price was on a board that said "new lower price". I swear to god we're going to hell in a handcart.

That's why I like cooking my own food. I don't trust people with my food

Sent from my tablet using my paws

When people learn to cook this becomes a non issue. Cooking doesn't involve preparing packaged and boxed food stuffs

That's why I like cooking my own food. I don't trust people with my food

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Once you see the amount of butter in croissants, you don't eat many more, therefore extending your life.

Caveat emptor.
Instead of going to the mega-supermarket, patronise your local butcher, fish monger, baker, and green grocer. Get to know them, develop a relationship. They in turn will learn your tastes and preferences. Much like librarians, most of them are a severely under utilised source of information.
Yes, you'll pay more but well worth it, in my opinion.
And anyone who uses powdered coffee whitener deserves what they get.:D

This is you don't like processed foods don't eat them! We always try to limit our intake of processed foods. Some weeks we do better than others. Most of our meals are made from whole ingredients but we will occasionally add condensed mushroom soup to use a a sauce for pork and pasta. But most veggies we use are fresh and all out meat it from a local place (except when chicken is on special at the local food market)

Once you see the amount of butter in croissants, you don't eat many more, therefore extending your life.
Damn, I love croissants

Back
Top Bottom