Stole bikes on Kijiji | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stole bikes on Kijiji

nitis

Anyone have the gut sense that the bike they were looking at from a Kijiji add, was a stolen bike? What are the obvious signs and not so obvious signs that the bike you are looking at is stolen?

Ads from Fivefinger Fred.

The guy will not provide a UVIP. And no ownership comes with the bike. Frankly every track bike that comes with no ownership is suspect to me.

If it happens to be an R1 that comes with a bonus 125 pit bike. Stolen from fellow gtam'er this morning.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Make sure you get the vehicle search through the MTO. If you get there and there's no furniture in the house, and the guy is in the process of moving to Mexico, run away. Always take the VIN off the frame, not the paperwork. Bring a camera, take pics - of everything. Make sure the number on the frame matches the engine VIN.

Just a thought, but if I buy anything off of kijiji I want the original owners manuals and in the case of electronics, the oem battery charger etc.

There is some good advice being offered here.

ive had people refuse to give me the vin so i could run it.
​IMO - something to hide...stolen or wreck.

Make sure the number on the frame matches the engine VIN.[/QUOTE]

Not so much. Engine case numbers are not matched to vin on most brands.

If the guys asking $9000 and you low ball him to $5000 and he agrees to it. They just want rid of them. "Must Sell ASAP" "Leaving Country" "Any reasonable offer accepted" etc.

Then take the good advice in the above posts.

Had a guy tell me the bike came with no VIN because he sold the VIN # to someone since he was going to use it as a track bike. He said I could easily buy a VIN off someone else if I was thinking about plating it...i asked more questions but he was completely full of ****

Anyone have the gut sense that the bike they were looking at from a Kijiji add, was a stolen bike? What are the obvious signs and not so obvious signs that the bike you are looking at is stolen?

This is exactly what the UVIP is about. No clear UVIP, no sale.

ive had people refuse to give me the vin so i could run it.
​IMO - something to hide...stolen or wreck.

You need the VIN just to get insurance to ride it home so if they won't give me the VIN, I can't buy it anyway.

You need the VIN just to get insurance to ride it home so if they won't give me the VIN, I can't buy it anyway.

well, ive got a truck so ya not a big concern.

ive been trying to buy a couple bikes lately, and the few that sparked my interest.. emails go back and forth and say everything is clear till i ask for the vin so i dont have to drive 6 hrs for nothing (hell ill buy my own UVIP to save $40 in gas and a whole day i could be riding) but they all flake out and thats the end of the deal.
ive got cash, ive got a truck, you say you are selling what i want let me run the vin and lets make a deal...fakeneh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom