RACE Round #5 Sept 26-28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE Round #5 Sept 26-28

caboose56

Site Supporter
Who's going???? I got an email from RACE saying they will be having a BBQ for everyone Saturday night and there will be give-away prizes for all racers. I'll copy and paste the text a bit later when I'm not on my phone.

I think it's Pro Track!

Braaaaaaap!!!!

Here's the email I got from RACE:
The 2014 RACE Series will conclude with a Saturday evening BBQ
courtesy of SMP/RACE. Racers, family and friends at the track are
invited to a complimentary BBQ with non-alcohol drinks at the
conclusion of Saturday’s racing activities. Everyone is welcome to bring
his or her own choice of refreshments and enjoy the dinner.
Racers who are entering the weekend’s races will be entitled to
Friday testing for only $80.00. As well, each racer for the weekend will
receive an SMP souvenir, which can be picked up at registration.

Once again the top 5 riders in the Pro 600 and Pro Superbike
feature classes will be eligible for cash prices.

All racers will be given a ballot entry for door prizes to be drawn
at the riders meetings and the Saturday evening BBQ.

We look forward to seeing everyone for the last event of the 2014
RACE season.

Sincerely,

The SMP/RACE Staff & Management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'll see you there! One last go before the seasons over. It's listed as pro track so fingers crossed.

The 3 of us will be there. (well 2 anyway, we will see after 1 gets a cast off his hand next week).

Awesome! I hope it's Pro. This will be my last realistic chance to win a race for a while! Ha.

Awesome! I hope it's Pro. This will be my last realistic chance to win a race for a while! Ha.

Why is that? You have to go Pro next year in RACE?

I've only done Pro track once, in 2006 I think. I would like to do it again now that I have a bike with some power. :)

Does everyone like Pro better than Long? If so how come?

I have only ridden there once, for the SOAR/RACE invitational and that was long track so curious what guys like better and why.

I have only ridden there once, for the SOAR/RACE invitational and that was long track so curious what guys like better and why.

I think it's just that it's rarely run, and it's fun to do different layouts. I love Long track, it's the best for learning. Pro track is fast and crazy :)

Gets rid of all the really bad bumps and it's a fun, fast layout.

Whenever I watched CSBK videos there it happened to be Pro so I thought that Long was more rarely run. Turn 1 was my fav part of the track which would still be run on Pro, just have turn 2 a lot sooner I guess with Pro.

Gets rid of all the really bad bumps and it's a fun, fast layout.

Yeah, good point, it should all be pretty good except for the turn 2 bump (which I think may have been fixed) and the braking bumps into Allen's.

Whenever I watched CSBK videos there it happened to be Pro so I thought that Long was more rarely run. Turn 1 was my fav part of the track which would still be run on Pro, just have turn 2 a lot sooner I guess with Pro.

Way back they used to run two rounds, opener was Pro, closer was Long.

You miss all of the infield stuff right? What is turn 3 on Pro (turn 8 on long?)

Yep, that's right. FYI, turn 1 is a bit different on Pro because you have to turn left coming out of it. It's not quite the same "pin it out to the edge" fun.

Why is that? You have to go Pro next year in RACE?

I've only done Pro track once, in 2006 I think. I would like to do it again now that I have a bike with some power. :)

Yup. Black numbers everywhere.

Turn 2 is fine if your line is good.

Last edited:
I'll always be partial to Long track. Great track for amateurs or novice and provides more opportunity to try and improve over a weekend. Pros are crazy fast on pro track.
Of course, Long track needs 2x as many Marshalls, so maybe a bit easier to organize the final round when late into the season.

Back
Top Bottom