Mad Max | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mad Max

Finally got to watch it. I gotta see it to pass a judgement!
My verdict??

Did not disappoint at ALL!!! The first 30 mins I was like RAH RAH RAH!!! Adrenaline pumped, freaks, psychos, PTSD, violence all thrown into a post apocalyptic world. I'll say this is going to be the best movie of 2015.

I did not like Tom Hardy as the Mad Max, maybe that role would have suited Vin Diesel. They needed someone with grit.

Another thing is the movie is based that you have watched the previous movies, doesn't emphasize alot on character development only 'splosions & gore.

Fury Road was awesome! Did not disappoint one bit. But then I wasn't a die hard Mad Max fan to begin with. If I could use one word to describe the movie it would be "frantic". Oh and I re-watched Thunderdome on the weekend... my god...

Finally got to watch it. I gotta see it to pass a judgement!
My verdict??

Did not disappoint at ALL!!! The first 30 mins I was like RAH RAH RAH!!! Adrenaline pumped, freaks, psychos, PTSD, violence all thrown into a post apocalyptic world. I'll say this is going to be the best movie of 2015.

I did not like Tom Hardy as the Mad Max, maybe that role would have suited Vin Diesel. They needed someone with grit.

Another thing is the movie is based that you have watched the previous movies, doesn't emphasize alot on character development only 'splosions & gore.

So you didn't feel like there was too much estrogen in the movie? I haven't seen it or any trailers, I'm hoping from the little bit I've read it's what tank girl should have been

So you didn't feel like there was too much estrogen in the movie? I haven't seen it or any trailers, I'm hoping from the little bit I've read it's what tank girl should have been
The only estrogen in the movie is where they found a bunch of wives wetting themselves in the desert

Good to know guys. I've been anticipating Fury Road all winter and will definitely watch it in theatres now.

Most motorcyclist would like the original Mad Max because of the crazy biker gang ;). I like the Road Warrior the best of the originals because they had that weird looking kid with the boomerang!

It is pretty much estrogen oriented, but the stunts/art/pacing overshadows it most of the time. It's a fun movie though, lots of sheet blowed up real good. Charlize did a good job of being what tank girl should have been. Needed more bikes and boobs though, IMHO.

1ZNyZAj.jpg

Didn't really pick up on any excess estrogen or feminist vibes.

Just sit back and enjoy the explosions, a good lookin Charlize Theoren and some super cool off road vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I have to say is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-Maxim-Portugal-05.jpg

Last edited:
Me neither. Although my friend's gf called it a feminist movie too.

What do they mean feminist movie?

Basically that men are bad and women are good.

To be honest I never would have thought it was "feminist" if I hadn't read it here first.

With a movie like this I won't put much energy into trying to identify underlying messages and themes.

Like I said. Just sit back and enjoy it and don't think too much. Vroooom!!! Kaboom!!

The first two Mad Maxes are my favourite movies ever. Love post-apocalyptic books and movies in general. Have seen RW almost 30 times and the BluRay version was so well done that in the opening scenes, you can see every pebble clearly on the ground, was not disappointed.

Going to see this some night this week, hopefully.

Basically that men are bad and women are good.

To be honest I never would have thought it was "feminist" if I hadn't read it here first.

With a movie like this I won't put much energy into trying to identify underlying messages and themes.

Like I said. Just sit back and enjoy it and don't think too much. Vroooom!!! Kaboom!!

Most movies & commercials portray men as such doofus I didn't even noticed it

Like this commercial, the most feminist ******** ever. They go out of their way to say "if you ignore it you are helping HIM" "if you call someone you are helping HER"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ZSZrGc-O8

What about if you don't help your friend who just got falsely accused and his life ruined by the psycho ex you are helping HER... I don't see that campaign anywhere.

anyways, I wasn't going to go see it because it looked like crap on the commercials but after the comments here I am going to have to go and see it.

What about if you don't help your friend who just got falsely accused and his life ruined by the psycho ex you are helping HER... I don't see that campaign anywhere.

Happens all the time. The courts are finally but slowly coming around to realising it, too. I have a friend who's had his life put on hold for the past 18 months because of a crazy ex. He's laid off both jobs now because she called them and told them he's a sex offender (she claims he raped her violently), etc. which you'd think he could call her on... but how are you going to sue a woman in court for defamation of character, when you have no income? He has over 900 pages of text conversations with her where she admitted hitting him (she blackened both his eyes one night because he was riding in a group of people; one was female) and making various threats if he didn't stay with her... crossing fingers that his court date in July finishes it all up and he can begin his life again, super nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom