Hidden trail and Steeles ave accident | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hidden trail and Steeles ave accident

noob_in_mid_age

At the corner of Hidden trail and Steeles ave, a yellow sports bike hit a left turning Red pick-up truck. I work at that corner and had to park across the street as I walked closer to cross I saw the bike. It must have tried to avoid the truck as it broadside it. Didn't look good for the rider, his gear was all strewn about on the road. The bike was travelling west towards Dufferin.

I hope it is nothing serious. Best of luck to the rider and I hope he recovers.

Best wishes to the rider

from cp24.com
A motorcyclist has been injured in a two-vehicle collision near Steeles Avenue West and Dufferin Street Thursday morning.
Toronto police say a truck was turning left on Conley Street when the motorcyclist t-boned the vehicle.
The driver of the motorcycle was taken to Sunnybrook Hospital and the severity of the injuries are not known at this time.
PHOTOS
Ambulance file photo
Police have closed Steeles Avenue from Dufferin Street to Torresdale Avenue

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/motorcycli...entre-after-collision-1.2001884#ixzz3D0lCvoHa

image.jpg

unless rider was thrown over the truck, looks like he didn't smash into the passenger door. Hope he was able to scrub some speed before the collision.

GWS rider!

unless rider was thrown over the truck, looks like he didn't smash into the passenger door. Hope he was able to scrub some speed before the collision.

GWS rider!
I think I see a dent just above the wheel well.

The only time I get nervous on the street is when approaching a light with turning cars that I know is about to turn yellow. I usually expect someone to turn into me lol always cover the brake and check behind me

I really feel terrible reading about these accidents involving left turning vehicles.
I have had a close call once with a left turning car. Light was green and it wasn’t about to change. I was sure the guy saw me. He stopped and it clearly looked as if he is letting me go through the intersection. 100% sure that I’m good to proceed. As I approached, he pulled out in front of me suddenly. I hit the brakes. In panic I locked up the rear and started to slide. We missed each other by a millimeter. Only reason we missed each other is that he actually continued driving (floored it) and did not stop when he actually saw me. If he did stop I would have hit him and who knows.. perhaps I would not be here to write this.
For whatever it’s worth; just wanted to let you guy know that if you are approaching an intersection and you are sure that the left turning car will not pull in front of you in the last moment; think twice. Cover your brake, think what you will do if the car goes into your path, be alert.

This is one of my fears when riding in the city. Who would be at fault here? The truck I presume? Since all vehicles going straight through an intersection would have right of way and that those turning would have to yield to oncoming traffic?

Gws

Fault is not supposed to be discussed in the fallen riders section. In almost every case where someone is turning left, they get at least 25% of the blame. The left Turner may get up to 100%. The person going straight could get some portion of the fault (speeding, stale yellow, erratic driving, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom