Driving in US? Don't be a "rolling ATM" | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Driving in US? Don't be a "rolling ATM"

So if you are that scared, don't go to the USA. OMG I stand a 0.00000001% chance of getting a 1mph over the speed limit ticket or possibly being stripped searched if I fail to stop at a stop sign! How do you guys even leave the house in the morning if you are that scared? You'd almost think we are talking about Kashmir or Syria here.

I have done quite a bit of driving in the USA as well. I do at least one road trip a year, sometimes 3 (Christmas, mother’s day, 1 of July).

To be honest, I am surprised you have not been stopped. I have met a few officers myself, but never had a horror story to tell. Of course, circumstances vary from driver to driver. It could be the way I drive. Or the neighborhoods I frequent, or the time of day. Also, it could be that I am of the Latin persuasion. Who knows?

In any case, it’s not that I’m scared. I’m mostly surprised that things have gotten to a new low.

These articles exist because these events are extremely rare. When the news articles stop because the events are too common then it is time for fear mongering.

For now these rare stories inform the people that live in these communities so they can vote out the Sherrifs that tolerate this nonsense or they can vote in Senators or Governors who will put an end to it. Articles like these definitely wouldn't make me second guess a trip to USA... unlike Firestart who 'limits all non-essential travel to USA' as if it were a war zone.

I went to upstate New York once to pick up motorcycle parts. The guy seemed quite nice. He had big honking American flag in the yard but he was a BMW freak. He gave me cold ice tea, we had a pleasant chat. But I still didn't waste any time getting back to the border. Night was approaching.

So if you are that scared, don't go to the USA. OMG I stand a 0.00000001% chance of getting a 1mph over the speed limit ticket or possibly being stripped searched if I fail to stop at a stop sign! How do you guys even leave the house in the morning if you are that scared? You'd almost think we are talking about Kashmir or Syria here.

+1, I drive in the US all the time, I've driven in Central America too where shakedowns are supposed to be regular. Never stopped once. Just don't be a dick. The rule there is the same as here...if you stand out from the crowd..expect attention.

How much cash do you people carry that this is actually a legit concern?

I don't think is the ammount. Let me put it this way, if someone pickpockets me in Toronto and steals $40 dollars, I'd stil be pi**ed.

Now, if the pickpocketer is a police officer... well, that's just whack.

Likely everyone in this thread has carried five or ten grand in cash to go buy a used bike before.

Britney predictable.jpg

Attachments

• good troll.jpg
    good troll.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 14
assinine-america-war-to-eliminate-freedom.jpg

P7160658.jpg

Your point?

Last edited:

I agree. I drive to the states every week, from here to either Pittsburgh, Chicago or Delaware and have never been pulled over. I set the cruise at 5 mph over the limit. Near Erie, PA it drops to 55 and I stay at 70. I have been tagged by radar and ignored.

Don't travel, stay home.

I went to upstate New York once to pick up motorcycle parts. The guy seemed quite nice. He had big honking American flag in the yard but he was a BMW freak. He gave me cold ice tea, we had a pleasant chat. But I still didn't waste any time getting back to the border. Night was approaching.

if ice tea were not served cold, wouldn't it just be tea?

I agree. I drive to the states every week, from here to either Pittsburgh, Chicago or Delaware and have never been pulled over. I set the cruise at 5 mph over the limit. Near Erie, PA it drops to 55 and I stay at 70. I have been tagged by radar and ignored.

Don't travel, stay home.

Refer to post #28 above for commentary.

Refer to post #28 above for commentary.
And as I posted, if the fact that millions of travelers visit the USA every year and not have a problem doesn't alleviate your fear, then don't go. Unless you are a US citizen and can vote, that is your only option.

I'd also have no fear of getting aids in Africa because I wouldn't be visiting whore houses, therefore my odds of contacting something nasty are slim.

Just like my odds of being dealt a ****** deal by US police are slim, so I'm not going to worry about it or limit my visits to essential travel only.

Back
Top Bottom