Driving in US? Don't be a "rolling ATM" | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Driving in US? Don't be a "rolling ATM"

How much cash do you people carry that this is actually a legit concern?

It's illegal to cross into the USA with more than $10K in cash or negotiable funds. That's a bit fuzzy because it's common to have $10K+ available on a credit card.

The problem with the sensationalism press is that they misdirect you from the real concerns. My biggest worry riding in the USA is hitting a deer and medical insurance.

And as I posted, if the fact that millions of travelers visit the USA every year and not have a problem doesn't alleviate your fear, then don't go. Unless you are a US citizen and can vote, that is your only option.

I'd also have no fear of getting aids in Africa because I wouldn't be visiting whore houses, therefore my odds of contacting something nasty are slim.

Just like my odds of being dealt a ****** deal by US police are slim, so I'm not going to worry about it or limit my visits to essential travel only.

ya, if it doesn't happen to you that means no one should care about it... Keep your head in the sand, seems to work for you.

It's illegal to cross into the USA with more than $10K in cash or negotiable funds. That's a bit fuzzy because it's common to have $10K+ available on a credit card.

My understanding is that it is illegal to not declare it. It's legal to have it, you just have to tell them if you do.

I envy those that have the capacity to roll with $10k lining their pockets

And as I posted, if the fact that millions of travelers visit the USA every year and not have a problem doesn't alleviate your fear, then don't go. Unless you are a US citizen and can vote, that is your only option.

I'd also have no fear of getting aids in Africa because I wouldn't be visiting whore houses, therefore my odds of contacting something nasty are slim.

Just like my odds of being dealt a ****** deal by US police are slim, so I'm not going to worry about it or limit my visits to essential travel only.

But just because it hasn't happened to you does not mean it is not an actual problem.

Or that is fear mongering.

Or that no action is required.

Oh well, to each its own...

ya, if it doesn't happen to you that means no one should care about it... Keep your head in the sand, seems to work for you.

Did I say no one should care about?
Did I say nothing should be done about it?

All I said is it likely isn't something one would have to worry about, so stop with the fear mongering and the hyperbole such as "That is why I limit all non-essential US travel" of "America, land of the free, first step take away freedom"

I guess you and Marco don't see it like that... so carry on being drama queens while I go back to the USA and have a good time not worrying about things that will likely never happen anyway.

Back
Top Bottom