Michelin PR4 or Pirelli Angel GT | GTAMotorcycle.com

Michelin PR4 or Pirelli Angel GT

ifiddles

so I posted another thread about the Battlax t30 but decided against them...now seriously looking at either the Michelin PR4 or Pirelli Angel GT for my 2010 Yamaha FZ6R...looking for some real world, Ontario bred, feedback...have read tons of reviews online from guys in Australia, California etc. but would prefer some closer to home who ride the same (or nearly the same) roads I do...I am not an aggressive rider by any means...would love to learn to lean more (thinking of a track day next year for that)...don't shy away from riding in the rain either (rode for 5 hours in a downpour coming home from Barry's Bay and only stopped overnight because my hands were blueish-purple)...planning on waiting for Royal's no tax event later this month to pick up a set but I could wait for spring...any feedback on longevity, dry grip, cornering, wet grip, slippage etc...I currently have the Pirelli Angel ST on my bike and I do like them, but rear definitely needs to be changed so might as well do both...thanks in advance, Ivana

so I posted another thread about the Battlax t30 but decided against them...now seriously looking at either the Michelin PR4 or Pirelli Angel GT for my 2010 Yamaha FZ6R...looking for some real world, Ontario bred, feedback...have read tons of reviews online from guys in Australia, California etc. but would prefer some closer to home who ride the same (or nearly the same) roads I do...I am not an aggressive rider by any means...would love to learn to lean more (thinking of a track day next year for that)...don't shy away from riding in the rain either (rode for 5 hours in a downpour coming home from Barry's Bay and only stopped overnight because my hands were blueish-purple)...planning on waiting for Royal's no tax event later this month to pick up a set but I could wait for spring...any feedback on longevity, dry grip, cornering, wet grip, slippage etc...I currently have the Pirelli Angel ST on my bike and I do like them, but rear definitely needs to be changed so might as well do both...thanks in advance, Ivana

I'd be interested in hearing about the PR4's as well . I had a friend with the PR3's and he loved them. Hes moved onto supersport tires now.

I'm still running my Angels st. I get 20k out of a rear. Best tire so far

so I posted another thread about the Battlax t30 but decided against them...

Any particular reason you ruled them out? Just curious.

I am using Angel GT, love them so far. Using them on my GSXR because I wanted a tire that would last longer than the typical 4-5K i was getting out of BT016s

I LOVE these tires. I love the look, and the grip, and it looks like they will last a long time.

I read some bad reviews on other forums and honestly I don't like the look of them...

Point me to the reviews? I'd like to read them.
Using the S20's now, and I'm beyond happy with them. Am considering the T30's for the next set actually.

I got over 13k out of the BT016s on my GSXR, but the vast majority of my mileage was highway cruising. Actually I think the front still had some life left.

I am now running the Pilot Road 4's. Love them so far.

can't remember where I read them, but I don't like the look so for me, they are a no go...

So looks matter more than quality... okey dokey...

Looks matter when it comes to a tire selection? I've now read it all on gtam.

e6e2abyz.jpg

honestly...why not just answer the question...I am asking about the PR4 and the Angel GT...whether I like the look of a tire or not, is my choice...the two tires I am asking about are top notch tires...so I am obviously, not skimping out or being cheap...we all have our opinions and I am looking for reviews on the Michelin and the Pirelli...thanks!

I ran the older version of the Michelins (Pilot Road 2). 1000cc....3 track days (one was in the rain, and only slipped when I got throttle happy. I'm no superstar by any means tho). 6500km street mileage, not a single fault to date and tires still have tons meat. Only criticism about the tires (and you'll find that with the angels as well) is the round profile of the front tires as opposed to the triangular of more sporty tires. Overall, fantastic tires :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom