Wed setp 10th severe rain - don't fool with this | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wed setp 10th severe rain - don't fool with this

MacDoc

Site Supporter

All of southern Ontario is under a weather alert.

2:02 PM EDT Wednesday 10 September 2014Special weather statement in effect for:

• Burlington - Oakville
  • Caledon
  • Halton Hills - Milton
  • Mississauga - Brampton
Significant rainfall with isolated thunderstorms expected across the regions.
An early fall type of low pressure system over Wisconsin will track northeastward across Northern Lake Huron later today then into Northeastern Ontario and Quebec by Thursday morning. This moisture laden low is expected to drag a fairly sharp cold front across the regions tonight. Most regions will receive total rainfall amounts of 20 to 40 mm. However a few thunderstorms with very heavy downpours and gusty winds will be possible late today and tonight resulting in local rainfall amounts near 50 mm.

Showers, heavy at times, have already moved into the Windsor to Sarnia areas of Southwestern Ontario. They are expected to reach the Golden Horseshoe to Barrie and Muskoka regions between 4 and 6 PM then continue to spread northeast into remaining districts this evening.

Motorists should be prepared for poor visibility and ponding of water on poorly drained sections of highways, resulting in difficult driving conditions.

The cold front will sweep out the moisture laden airmass by Thursday morning and considerably cooler air will arrive in its wake.

The public is advised to monitor future forecasts and warnings as warnings may be required or extended.

2:02 PM EDT Wednesday 10 September 2014Special weather statement in effect for:

• City of Toronto
Significant rainfall with isolated thunderstorms expected across the regions.
An early fall type of low pressure system over Wisconsin will track northeastward across Northern Lake Huron later today then into Northeastern Ontario and Quebec by Thursday morning. This moisture laden low is expected to drag a fairly sharp cold front across the regions tonight. Most regions will receive total rainfall amounts of 20 to 40 mm. However a few thunderstorms with very heavy downpours and gusty winds will be possible late today and tonight resulting in local rainfall amounts near 50 mm.

Showers, heavy at times, have already moved into the Windsor to Sarnia areas of Southwestern Ontario. They are expected to reach the Golden Horseshoe to Barrie and Muskoka regions between 4 and 6 PM then continue to spread northeast into remaining districts this evening.

Motorists should be prepared for poor visibility and ponding of water on poorly drained sections of highways, resulting in difficult driving conditions.

The cold front will sweep out the moisture laden airmass by Thursday morning and considerably cooler air will arrive in its wake.

The public is advised to monitor future forecasts and warnings as warnings may be required or extended.

Mac i think its time you talk to someone about this fear of rain you seem to have :lmao:

I packed my neon banana rain suit for the ride home. Heading home to Brantford from Guelph soon. About an hour ride....giddyup! I don't mind the rain. RainX on my visor and life is good!

I ride in the rain all the time - I have no fear of it. This one is not one I'd ride in rush hour.

This is a really bad storm system that will hit around rush hour - its dangerous even for cagers given the rain amounts and some local cells are severe. High winds are expected as well

I get migraines ahead of steep fronts and haven't had one this bad in years.

Sent staff home and will pick up kid...( both were riding )

I ride in tropical Australia in the wet season. I expect to get into heavy rain part of each ride. Get wet, wait half an hour and dry again.

But that doesn't include GTA traffic and poor drainage, and idjit cagers.

My bike also needs a wash. I'll be leaving work at 8 pm this eve. Hopefully 80 km of riding home will get some of the bugs off.

..Tom

friends of mine in Cambridge were without power for over an hour...must have been a doozy out there...not that bad in Milton...

Rode home in the start of the rain, then went and played soccer in it not anything to crazy. Its kept raining all evening and now when I went to go to bed I discovered the open window above my bed...

Heavy rain and wind on my way home. Don't think I've seen as heavy wind and rain together since I rode into the storm that had the Vaughn tornado a few years ago.

Bugs gone from my bike!

..Tom

Yeah I noiced that frommy PA trip....windscreen hasn't been that clean in a while. Gunshy as I scratched it a bit last time I tried to clean it. :(

This could have been TO - London got it bad.
BxNIpV-IgAAZQHL.jpg

I just floated from Hagersville to Hamilton via #6.
Hydroplaning 'o plenty / plowing through ponding on the road.
Visibility was 'bout 15' @ 70kph all the way to Rymal.
Red Hill Ex N has numerous ponds.
Glad I was in the car.

65mm of rain in London yesterday afternoon/evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Niagara lots of wind and blustering, but very little rain

Is this today? Because that describes Hamilton perfectly. I am sheltered atm but will venture out for coffee soon. Fingers crossed.

Is this today? Because that describes Hamilton perfectly. I am sheltered atm but will venture out for coffee soon. Fingers crossed.

last night. Today winds are down, still a little breezy, and very overcast no rain at this time. Forecast isn't showing any further rain

I could feel the condo building sway last night, but that was way after my commute home. Regular rain between 5:30 and 6pm.

Back
Top Bottom