Danmoto Exhaust Group Buy? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Danmoto Exhaust Group Buy?

Man, some people don't know what quality is... Don't waste your time with that Internet drama queen.

Apparently Hindle sucks according to ____ but that person's riding sucks even more. Hence all the replaced black powder coated accessories.

That's not true, I powder coated some stuff in white. :lol:

Most slipons remove the cat so yes it IS different. You don't necessarily need to buy a full exhaust to see some benifits. Most oem mufflers/link pipes weigh a metric ton, it's a quick way to drop 10-15lbs off your bike.

BTW I just threw a slipon on my bike AND an ecu without tuning it! What a waste ;)

Even Powercommander is vague about mapping and power changes with slipons, +1 hp, +/- 1hp accuracy.

Modern systems have the greatest flow constriction at the cat tank, the final can just converts noise to heat. Slipons just let the noise back out.

Even under the best conditions of a full exhaust replacement with no cat, any modest power gain is typically at the highest revs. Okay for racing, but ridiculous waste of $ for even track days or street.

Most slipons remove the cat so yes it IS different. You don't necessarily need to buy a full exhaust to see some benifits. Most oem mufflers/link pipes weigh a metric ton, it's a quick way to drop 10-15lbs off your bike.

BTW I just threw a slipon on my bike AND an ecu without tuning it! What a waste ;)

on a small bike, the weight savings with slipon is significant, and you get better clearance.

However...These $700+ slipons are a bit of a ripoff for what is essentially some perforated pipe, a can and some fiberglass pack. People pay for the aesthetic finish.

Even Powercommander is vague about mapping and power changes with slipons, +1 hp, +/- 1hp accuracy.

Modern systems have the greatest flow constriction at the cat tank, the final can just converts noise to heat. Slipons just let the noise back out.

Even under the best conditions of a full exhaust replacement with no cat, any modest power gain is typically at the highest revs. Okay for racing, but ridiculous waste of $ for even track days or street.

Not true and you still need midrange power on a race track.

My bike gains 10hp in the midrange with a full system.

on a small bike, the weight savings with slipon is significant, and you get better clearance.

However...These $700+ slipons are a bit of a ripoff for what is essentially some perforated pipe, a can and some fiberglass pack. People pay for the aesthetic finish.

For $500 or so you can buy some very nice pipes.

I would love to join this GB (with the dB killers included so it's not too loud), if they would simply make their mufflers a little longer. They are all too short for my tastes. I have a friend with these on his Moster, and they are very nicely made, and sound awesome.
My KTM has stainless mufflers with cats in them...they weigh over 35 lbs for both....and remain hot for an hour or more after riding. I would like to lighten the bike 25 lbs, and keep the temps down too.

Last edited:
I bought one for my old ninja 250. for the money, it sounded great and fit perfectly.

I did find it was was a little loud. However, I did not have have baffles in it. My friend used to have a Yoshi on his Honda 250 which IMO was far louder and more obnoxious sounding. The Danmoto had a lower tone than the Yoshi.

Incredibly value for the money.

Back
Top Bottom