What is your track bike?

• 1 track bike

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • more than 1 track bike

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • My street bike is my track bike

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
Track 06 GSXR and street is an 07. I find the GSXR for me much more comfortable than other models so that's why I went with it.
ATTS had the same idea. We're figuring his street GSXR is going to be down to the frame by the end of racing season lol.
Only two more races so should have a few more parts than just the frame.

LOL... That doesn't sound like the best season :p
Nothing to bad, went down in the damp at bogie so had to swap out a rearset and had to put a stock exhaust on to pass the noise test. My speedo has now stopped working so had to swap that out as well but it definately helps to have a "spare" bike.

Technically my street bike is my track bike, but it spends most of its time in track mode and only goes on the street once a year for Deals Gap. That's it.

Thought I would ask this here, I sold my track bike earlier this year to get something newer. I want a brand-new bike in the crate to turn into my track bike. Will the dealer sell me the bike with just an invoice or NVIP? Or does the bike have to be registered and tax paid to the MTO.

Last edited:
Thought I would ask this here, I sold my track bike earlier this year to get something newer. I want a brand-new bike in the crate to turn into my track bike. Will the dealer sell me the bike with just an invoice or NVIP? Or does the bike have to be registered and tax paid to the MTO.

The dealer should have no problem selling it without having it registered.

The dealer should have no problem selling it without having it registered.
Okay thanks! I went to my local dealer today and the salesman couldn't handle the no-registering the bike situation. Also I got some weird remarks why I would possibly want a new bike and not ride it on the street.:dontknow:

I guess I'll try another dealer.

Okay thanks! I went to my local dealer today and the salesman couldn't handle the no-registering the bike situation. Also I got some weird remarks why I would possibly want a new bike and not ride it on the street.:dontknow:

I guess I'll try another dealer.

Ya good idea. Just out of curiosity what bike are you looking for?

Ya good idea. Just out of curiosity what bike are you looking for?
CBR600RR good old reliable, although I did ride a KTM RC8R today which would be a fun track bike until it went down. The KTM was so thin and the power didn't feel insane like an inline litre bike.

And you stole the wheels for your rains that one time.
Hopefully I wont need them for the last two rounds but it's definately nice having them. Every time I take them Robyn tells me that I should just buy extra rims, time to keep my eyes open to spend some money.

I learned my lesson after going to Mosport and not getting a single lap in due to ****** weather. Rains are getting installed on my spare set of wheels for next season.

I learned my lesson after going to Mosport and not getting a single lap in due to ****** weather. Rains are getting installed on my spare set of wheels for next season.

You didn't get a single lap in because you run slicks, and you also left early. Rain stopped after you left and at least we who stayed got one session of complete dry track.....I wont put that much money and effort for rain riding unless I was racing and really needed to practice rain rideing for points in case a race or qualifier ended up being in the rain...

A women told you to buy more bike parts... No wonder you married her.

My wife made me buy new rains too after getting a good look at my old ones lol

You didn't get a single lap in because you run slicks, and you also left early. Rain stopped after you left and at least we who stayed got one session of complete dry track.....I wont put that much money and effort for rain riding unless I was racing and really needed to practice rain rideing for points in case a race or qualifier ended up being in the rain...
It's for those odd days that I pre-register for a track day and it starts to pour.

DOTs are a whole 3.33333333% better in the rain than slicks

So JoeyB, why the poll on this topic? Are you planning something?

May be scouting for a bike to steal???.. or wants a bike which is popular for track use.. one of the two

I bought a 2013 cbr600rr this may and took it to the track at shanny a week after my racer 5 course. I absolutely loved it. It's a way better bike on the track than street. In fact I'm finding street riding boring with it. I prefer to keep my spirited riding at the track. However, I love commuting on a motorcycle.

For the remaining season I plan to keep it as a semi track/street bike. But next season I'm not sure if I should sell it and get track dedicated bike and a used naked for the street.

I was the one with the Kawi green cbr on Sep 7 track day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom