Need safety wiring done in mississauga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need safety wiring done in mississauga

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
Hey guys.. got a track bike recently. . It needs to be properely safety wired.. just dont have the tools/time/knowledge to get this dine by myself.. it was a racers spare parts/trackday bike... has safety wiring on main engine case(oil filler cap).. but thats about it... any idea on cost and were I could get it done?

Advice only please.. thank you

Last edited:
Ok.. this is my first track bike.. so what areas need to be wired.. for safety.... I am not going to be racing but would like my bike to be as safe as possible..

Oil drain plug. Water pump drain plug. Oil filter. Rad cap. All hose clamps. Both axles and pinch bolts. All Caliper bolts and all banjos. Oil fill cap.

Sounds like alooot of drill bits... lol thanks alot.. a good winter project since seasons almost over... thanks kellen

Will just have it done at work one piece at a time over the course of tge winter...just how much does it usually cost if I have it done by a shop.. off the top of your head (if youve had it dinr)

If you use quality drill bits and really take your time you won't go through too many. You can do most of em on the bike

If you're only going to use it for track days then check the rules for the provider you plan to use. You may not HAVE to safety wire anything. But I agree to be safe it's a good idea to do the crankcase drain plug, oil filter and oil filler cap.

I am in Oakville.

I have a shop with a drill press all setup along with several drills and supplies.

I just finished doing 3 bikes this summer.

Let me know if you want to bring it here and I can help.

Removing as many bolts as you can and using the drill press makes the job far far faster.

Sounds like alooot of drill bits... lol thanks alot.. a good winter project since seasons almost over... thanks kellen

FYI - tech at most trackdays does not require safety wire, unless you are looking for a winter project or have aspirations of racing then go nuts. But for trackdays nothing is required.

Back
Top Bottom