1st insurance quote | GTAMotorcycle.com

1st insurance quote

ajromano

So I just got quoted for the 3 bikes below:

- 2013 Kawi Ninja 300 w/ ABS $5342
- 2008 GS500f $6330
- 2010 CBR 125 $4756

All bikes have been quoted with 1 million liability, Collision ($500 deductable) Comprehensive ($300 deductable)

I am obviously going to shop around for other prices cause these seem way too much... Or is this standard? I'm 23, male.

Are you a university/college student or grad?, when I was quoted for insurance for a DRZ 400 many companies were quoting me at $2000-3000, but TD meloche monnex offer under $1000 because i'm a university student, oh and i was 20 when I got my first quote

Last edited:
Any previous insurance history, any tickets? They are expensive and you can probably do somewhat better (although likely not less than $2000 based on prices I have seen). Start by removing collision, if you crash your bike, take it as a loss. If you claim it, you won't be able to afford insurance for 5 years anyway. Increase liability deductible to $1000.

Do you even have your m2 yet? Those numbers seem consistent with someone who just got their m1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously if you guys are paying this much to ride then different bikes should be sought out for the first 3-5 years. No bike is worth that much for 8 months or ridding season.

Collision isn't worth the at-fault claim premiums on your record to replace those bikes. You're better off writing off the bike, then taking a +30% premium for the next 6-10yrs.

OP doesn't say where he's from, his experience and where he got those quotes.

I'd suggest giving DesJardin a call, they're giving great quotes for non-SS bikes.

Back
Top Bottom