Advice on a Scenario... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice on a Scenario...

SuperStealthySquid

I'm looking for some advice/opinions on an insurance scenario.Hypothetically, lets say two riders live in the same house. Rider A is over 40 and owns two bikes, rider B is under 25 and also owns two bikes.Rider A has both of his bikes in his name, and insured with his own company.Now rider B has both of his bikes in his name, and is with another insurance company.
My question is, could rider B add rider A to his policy, as this would cut his premiums in half, or is there anything wrong with this?I can't see how it would be wrong as Rider B is following the law by putting both bikes in his name and under his own policy, all he wants to do is add a second rider to and take advantage of that riders age and experience. But rider A would have to be primary on one of rider B's bikes, could rider B get in trouble if he gets into an accident while on the bike that he is not primary on?yes? no? hopefully it's clear what i'm trying to say

If two licensed riders live in the same house, all of the insurance prices will assume that the more risky (expensive) rider rides all of the bikes (unless OPCF27 is filled out which excludes the risky rider from using one or more of the bikes).

There will be an exclusion letter/agreement.

similar situation: child gets G license, must be insured as occaisional driver on parents insurance, or sign an exclusion agreement saying the child will not be driving the car.

There will be an exclusion letter/agreement.

similar situation: child gets G license, must be insured as occaisional driver on parents insurance, or sign an exclusion agreement saying the child will not be driving the car.

The problem is I don't want to exclude the risky rider, I want the safe driver to be listed as primary on one of the risky riders two motorcycles. But the policy would still be under the risky riders name, so I don't think it's against any rules...

The problem is I don't want to exclude the risky rider, I want the safe driver to be listed as primary on one of the risky riders two motorcycles. But the policy would still be under the risky riders name, so I don't think it's against any rules...

I dot think you can have secondary riders listed. Only a primary .. no motorcycles anyway.

They aren't stupid, they assume you are primary rider on all 4 bikes. You aren't the first person to try to play insurance games(/fraud).

It's 100% against rules and is material misrepresentation. Insure yourself on your own bikes. End of story. Both insurance companies should be aware of ALL licensed drivers in the household.

Also opcf 27 is liability for non owned vehicles endorsement. 28a is a driver exclusion.

I'm looking for some advice/opinions on an insurance scenario.Hypothetically, lets say two riders live in the same house. Rider A is over 40 and owns two bikes, rider B is under 25 and also owns two bikes.Rider A has both of his bikes in his name, and insured with his own company.Now rider B has both of his bikes in his name, and is with another insurance company.
My question is, could rider B add rider A to his policy, as this would cut his premiums in half, or is there anything wrong with this?I can't see how it would be wrong as Rider B is following the law by putting both bikes in his name and under his own policy, all he wants to do is add a second rider to and take advantage of that riders age and experience. But rider A would have to be primary on one of rider B's bikes, could rider B get in trouble if he gets into an accident while on the bike that he is not primary on?yes? no? hopefully it's clear what i'm trying to say
You think an insurance company is going to give you the lower rate? Really? Wow that's some twisted logic.

You think an insurance company is going to give you the lower rate? Really? Wow that's some twisted logic.

Actually that based on a quote I got over the phone, one rider with two bike = $$$$, whereas two riders on the policy lowers the rate quite a bit

There is some twisted logic involved, it's just not coming from me ;)

It's 100% against rules and is material misrepresentation. Insure yourself on your own bikes. End of story. Both insurance companies should be aware of ALL licensed drivers in the household.

28a is a driver exclusion.

Could this be made a sticky or better still a banner statement? It comes up so often it's a waste of time.

Could this be made a sticky or better still a banner statement? It comes up so often it's a waste of time.

Honestly. It doesn't take rocket appliances to figure it out.

Actually that based on a quote I got over the phone, one rider with two bike = $$$$, whereas two riders on the policy lowers the rate quite a bit

There is some twisted logic involved, it's just not coming from me ;)

It's not 'twisted logic'. You just don't understand rating factors.
If you have multiple drivers and one vehicle there's is a blended rate unless one of the drivers is under 25 and then there is a split rate. If the other persons record is better than your (which it seems like it is) and you are getting a blended rate than it would lower the premium based on the assumption that both driver would be using the vehicle. If you had the better record and had one vehicle and added the second driver to the policy the premium would increase because the blended rating would be worse than the original driver on their own.

Buuuut in the situation that you outlined originally there are multiple operators on multiple bikes. All riders should be known to all insurers and you should only be rated on the bikes that you own/ride. Anything other than that is material misrep and could lead to a claim being denied.

If you try and lie to the broker to get a lower rate don't get upset if your adjuster gives you the gears. They'll make you bring in your drivers license and ownership to make sure it matches up to what you told them. If they don't match up and they can show you lied, you get exactly $0 for the bike. Sound like fun?? Pay what you should based on your risk. Answer the questions honestly and have nice easy claims handling.

Back
Top Bottom