Rider down - 50+ rider and worn tires related. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down - 50+ rider and worn tires related.

There's no real order anymore. It's all just a jumble of people doing whatever they want. I also believe it's a strong trend.

Damn Millenials.

old.gif

Yah yah, I get that about helmets. I still think HJC is over-represented in the expensive supersport crowd.

Why guys go from big spenders when it comes to the bike to value-shoppers when it comes to the helmet seems odd.

Not every SuperSport costs astronomical $$$. I'd say Insurance is the biggest cost!

Everyone likes to save a bit of $$, so what if HJC doesnt have fancy graphics..

I seen a guy on 1985 Yamaha FJ600 with what appeared to be a very expensive helmet. It was jarring to see. I hope that's not a trend.

I try to maintain my bike just enough that its resale value is higher than that of my helmet.

Quite a vivid imagination, especially from a tiny, lo-res photo.
Here we go again. Not a big fan of armchair analysis of crashes given no information and quotes from a copy of "Twist of the Wrist".

lol- yes i was not there. speculation on my imagined chain of events. But given that i saw a close up picture of the rear tire, i know the area well and am by there quite often. Given that i have personal knowledge of that ramp and street below and where the body is lying on the street (from the picture) it does look like my armchair analysis is accurate.

anyway,was sad news even tho i did not know the rider. That is a busy area and probably many were witness to this event.

Sad this man died but i atleast hope it was over quick for the rider. RIP

Rip rider

I dont see why id spent big bucks on a helmet when itll only be good for x amount of years. If it were gloves, jacket boots pants? Sure.

RIP rider, but what is with the "50+" in the subject line? Between 2008 and 2012, the highest death and injury rates were among 20-24 year-olds, followed by 25-29 year-olds. Is it a race between the age groups?

because the rider was 50 ...

I dont see why id spent big bucks on a helmet when itll only be good for x amount of years. If it were gloves, jacket boots pants? Sure.

I guess my point is, this is an expensive hobby no matter what, so I'm a bit amused to see people try to save a couple bills on their helmet. It would be like a golfer who buys the cheapest cleats he can find. It makes no sense (to me.)

But again, not ******** on HJC, I've been drooling over the CL-17 Victory in Pre-Scratched Yellow:
2014-HJC-CL-17-Victory-Helmet-MC-3-MCSS.jpg

I reckon I have a helmet problem.

I guess my point is, this is an expensive hobby no matter what, so I'm a bit amused to see people try to save a couple bills on their helmet. It would be like a golfer who buys the cheapest cleats he can find. It makes no sense (to me.)

But again, not ******** on HJC, I've been drooling over the CL-17 Victory in Pre-Scratched Yellow:

but if the helmet does the job whats the problem? You're only cutting corners if the cheaper product won't do what the expensive ones will.....and with helmets that's simply not true anymore.

CL-17 is pretty low on the HJC pole. Try an RPHA-10 instead:

_vyrd11_16205HJC-RPHA10-LORENZO-4.jpg

10551333_2.jpg

HJC-RPHA-10-Buzzsaw-Helmet-Black-Red.jpg

But they look stupid. Like air dams on Datsun 510. Gimme vanilla.

ZX-6, tire worn down the middle, and an entry level helmet (HJC) plus more perceived talent than reality and there you have the result. I'm sure these guys who haven't ridden in 20 + years are bored in their lives and have good intentions...a little overzealous hopping on a rocket tho. Perhaps a refresher course should be mandatory for an M license that hasn't been used > 15 years. Not a cheap death tho...beats having a heart attack on the toilet. RIP rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying HJC is ****.

I'm saying that there is a strong trend towards spending a ton of money on a bike, then spending as little as possible on a helmet.

Being as I was born in Germany I have a square head. As such my head simply does not fit in most helmets. I have a Shoi, it hurts. Other helmets i tried don't work for me. Truth is the box they come in fits my head better than mots helmets do.

I found HJC helmets work well for me and I used them until I found that Scorpion helmets also fit me well and I like the way the EXO 900 fits. I have had two EXO 900's.

I'm not a status driven person and I buy what I like and what works for me. Don't judge people simply on the type of helmet they use.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom