Young rider, need and idea for insurance. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Young rider, need and idea for insurance.

benmcc92

Hi all,

I live mid town Toronto @ Davisville. I have my m1 and was going to pull the trigger on an m2, but before I spent the $500 for the course I wanted to get an idea of what insurance would look like. Im 22, male, mid town toronto, ryerson student, will likely be riding something like an 04 ninja 250r.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Your best bet is call insurance brokers, than you get real prices for you, not just internet hearsay.

Assuming you don't have a G, just an M1, my guess is 3-4000.

Last edited:
Aviva would have competitive rates on that motorcycle as long as you complete the motorcycle training course.

Contact me if you would like to obtain a quote.

Thanks

At 21 first bike first insurance i paid $4000 but that was on a 2011 600RR. so i`ll assume closer to $3000.

I'm currently 21 and at 20 y/o, back in april, i insured my hyosung 250 with Certas Direct through Desjardins for $1,399. this is with a clean record, m2 for less than a year & I was living in Mississauga at the time. TD quoted me at $2200 if i had 1 full year of experience since m1.

Get a 125 build a foundation and go up the year after that.

I wouldnt do this, I would start on the 250 for sure.
Hard to build foundation on a bike that has a hard time keeping up on the highway, You definitely want a bike that can go the flow of traffic.

I wouldnt do this, I would start on the 250 for sure.
Hard to build foundation on a bike that has a hard time keeping up on the highway, You definitely want a bike that can go the flow of traffic.

So if the bike cannot go 120, it's not a good bike? Have you ever tried a 125? I good rider will lap you through the corners on that 125. It's a nice light twisty machine (and yes, I have F4i if you wonder).

To the OP, why are you asking on a forum instead of calling the insurance company?

Dejardin is great.

M2
First season riding
No prior insurance history
'79 xs650
1400$/year

So if the bike cannot go 120, it's not a good bike? Have you ever tried a 125? I good rider will lap you through the corners on that 125. It's a nice light twisty machine (and yes, I have F4i if you wonder).

To the OP, why are you asking on a forum instead of calling the insurance company?

I think there might be a safety implication - i rode a 125 on the dvp/404 - i had it WOT and it was just above 100-110. I might have touched 120 but with performance like that good luck gettting out of harms way if you need to.

FWIW, i enjoy riding a 125 and throwing it around a bit...

I'm currently 21 and at 20 y/o, back in april, i insured my hyosung 250 with Certas Direct through Desjardins for $1,399. this is with a clean record, m2 for less than a year & I was living in Mississauga at the time. TD quoted me at $2200 if i had 1 full year of experience since m1.

$1399 only ? wow. I am 22 and looking to purchase hyosung 250 next season :). I feel as if insurance might be super high since i live in brampton.

$1399 only ? wow. I am 22 and looking to purchase hyosung 250 next season :). I feel as if insurance might be super high since i live in brampton.

Don't get a Hyosung. PLEASE.

Few days before moving to brampton around june, i called them thinking the price would lower but they ask for 300 or 400 more o_O, one of the two (dont remember correctly)

Last edited:
Nothing if you have money to burn they are garbage and unreliable do a search many broken engines

sent from a device using a program

There are probably 2 threads a year for hyosung 250's with blown engines. They have oiling issues. Resale on them sucks, it's cheaper to buy a cbr/ninja 250 and resell for the price you paid for it (in a few days or less) than buy a hyo 250 for slightly less money and either throw it out if the engine lets go or have a really hard time selling it at any price if it's still running.

i've road a little over 6000kms on it this season & never had a problem with it beside replacing brake pads but then again, it had only 3000kms when i bought it. I was thinking about keeping the bike next season even when ill buy a 600 to teach my brother how to ride but i guess im going to have to sell it before it fails on me.:?

Back
Top Bottom