DRZ400s converted to SM | GTAMotorcycle.com

DRZ400s converted to SM

stormcat

Hi Folks,

I bought an '09 DRZ400s, which I'm converting to an SM, as well as some appearance mods. Could anyone tell me where I can find parts for this bike in Canada? I.e, online suppliers, dealers, etc.

Thanks.

OH MY GAWD. The custom super moto wheels listed on Thumpertalk are gorgeous! I'm very tempted to order them.

Thanks for the links, Khan450. :)

Thanks for the additional links! :)

I got the bike (an '09) with under 4,000 kms on it for $1500. Came with a box of goodies too — all the luggage, a custom tach, etc., etc. The seller just wanted it gone. I couldn't pass the deal up considering that '03 models are still going for $3,000+

That said, I have a bit of a budget to work with.

I ordered a Two Brothers can for it yesterday from STG, since I couldn't find a Canadian supplier for it. Also going to order ASV levers and some other pretty bits. Any suggestions are appreciated. I also want some nice rearsets, if anyone can recommend some that aren't too pricey (Northline are sweet, but too expensive!).

As it turns out, the seller of those rims is the same guy I bought the bike from. So he gave me a great deal. I also read some reviews for the Warp 9 on Thumpertalk and they were good.

Thanks for pointing out that ad!

I still wonder why he let the bike go for so cheap though.

$1500 for an 09 is insane. I just bought a 2009 with double the km for $3500, and I still think I got a great deal. The deal stormcat got is unbelievable.

I saw your post. That is a VERY clean DRZ. I love the white plastics too. You still got a wicked deal though!

As for my bike, he literally had no where to put it. He didn't advertise it either. He just popped by my place one day and asked my b/f if he was interested in it. He knew I was, so I bought it.

Picked up those SM rims tonight, btw. Got them with new rubber (Michelin Pilots) for $600.

My bikes. The 600RR is going track-only now:
vilds6.jpg

The rims I got tonight:
r1zvvd.jpg

On a similar note — two years ago around this time we picked up a clean, super low km 2004 ZZR250 for a steal. Kid wanted it gone because he was moving to Korea. We cleaned it up, fixed the carb issue, put on new rubber, and sold it for double what we paid.

stormcat

Your neighbour Chris & I were over at your house right after you got this DRZ!!! If u remember me at all, I was the guy drooling over the deal that u got on it!!!!
Since then I too have test ridden a friend's DRZ400SM & fell in love with it, so I went out & bought a DR650 that has already been converted to a SuperMoto!!!
Anyways, great looking bike u got & I hope to see u again next time I am in your neighbourhood visiting Chris!

Cheers.
Steve
:)

Back
Top Bottom