Taking the high road- Ray Rice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Taking the high road- Ray Rice

Sativa Quemador

this sounds like a setup, sterling Style.

They both got arrested for assault at the hotel in Feb '14

a month later he was indicted, the next day he married her. the NFL suspends him 2 games.

a video gets shown 6 months later, then he gets suspended again indefinately ? ?

not saying what he did was right, but the video doesnt show context. maybe she had been slapping him all night

I'm with Satvia on this one. Don't know the whole story. She could of been the cause of, and i quote "
d647a84fd95e212b71d8e300ab8405c5777b78b834cf4e12300085b758726e60.jpg
"

We all know we shouldn't him a woman, but when she is verbally abusing you of physically abusing you, what are you to do at that point? Let me guess... be the better man and walk away right? So where exactly would he go? If you were in his shoes, drunk and she's been on your case all night. WOuld you have done the same or would you have sucked it up and not done anything?

I'm with Satvia on this one. Don't know the whole story. She could of been the cause of, and i quote "

We all know we shouldn't him a woman, but when she is verbally abusing you of physically abusing you, what are you to do at that point? Let me guess... be the better man and walk away right? So where exactly would he go? If you were in his shoes, drunk and she's been on your case all night. WOuld you have done the same or would you have sucked it up and not done anything?

Seeing the video repeatedly on CNN this morning you can see why both got arrested. She's no innocent. He didn't wind up and beat her like a regular assailant would. He made a snap alcohol induced bad reaction. Going forward all the suited up paid talking heads have to say what they have to say. That's just the way it is. Nobody's going to speak the truth.

We all know we shouldn't him a woman, but when she is verbally abusing you of physically abusing you, what are you to do at that point? Let me guess...

I can tell you what NOT to do... if she is abusing you constantly, you shouldn't marry her !!! :cool:

I just saw the video for the first time. Without knowing who he is, his job, his fame, etc. I still venture a guess about the way he feels for her. Just by seeing how he drags her out of the elevator and drops her cold on the floor, I'd say that's not the way to treat the love of his life.

Chances that marriage is going to work out in the short term = as long as he has money.

Chances that marriage is going to work out in the long term = zero

Yikes.

On a similar but unrelated note, at what point when a female is kicking/scratching/spitting/lashing out at you is it considered appropriate to "defend" yourself?

Sean Connery's take:
[video=youtube;oo0d1zTAFKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA[/video]

A lot of "Hollywood" people, "Hollywood" commentators and general media are outraged by this. Where is there outrage when one of their prized directors is a child molester, where is there outrage when one of their own is caught drunk driving, etc, etc, etc.?

Not in anyway saying this guy is right, just pointing out an inconsistency in how the media looks at people or events (physical abuse vs sexual, athlete vs celebrity, or is it race vs race--I do not know). I just know where there is outrage vs very little to none.

A lot of "Hollywood" people, "Hollywood" commentators and general media are outraged by this. Where is there outrage when one of their prized directors is a child molester, where is there outrage when one of their own is caught drunk driving, etc, etc, etc.?

Not in anyway saying this guy is right, just pointing out an inconsistency in how the media looks at people or events (physical abuse vs sexual, athlete vs celebrity, or is it race vs race--I do not know). I just know where there is outrage vs very little to none.

no celebrity in their right mind is going to come out and say " yeah, but she was in his face all night, blah blah,blah "

again, im not saying it was justified. But in the vid, you can clearly see her strike him twice. who knows if that was happening all night.

you dont see him actually hit her, the move is too fast. Remember this dude is an Elite NFL running back.

maybe he was pushing her off to the side, she slipped and hit her chin on the handrail.

i dont agree with this " never put your hands on a woman " crap.
bottom line is this. if you are strong enough to slap a man, or punch a man, you best be ready to take a return shot.

i dont agree with this " never put your hands on a woman " crap.
bottom line is this. if you are strong enough to slap a man, or punch a man, you best be ready to take a return shot.

It'd be nice to always be able to walk away, never raise your hand. If you could quantify the unjust pain people cause each other I'm sure a quick uppercut is no match for months or years of unreasonable behaviour.

"Women should be put on pedestals.........................so you can look up their dresses." - Steve Martin.

i still think the NFL over-reacted. he was originally suspended for 2 games, then the vid surfaces, and he gets indefinate suspension.

Back
Top Bottom