mercedesc class to put the boots to bmw 5 series..audi4 and other competitors | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

mercedesc class to put the boots to bmw 5 series..audi4 and other competitors

My riding buddy had a BMW325, enjoyed 7 yrs of it. Traded for a new C300 and 6 days later swapped it back for a C350. He also bought a C350 for his parents in the same deal ( their money not his) . 5 months later his Missus hit a really deep puddle in the T.O. floods and sucked the engine full and the car was written off. 5 months of Benz was enough for him, he bought a new BMW328 with the insurance settlement. I have driven both on and off for the last few months , he seems to need my F150 a lot. I really liked the Benz, but I would drive BMW first. my 2 cents

Not to derail the thread, but the new AMG-GT has just been released. Drool worthy "baby" SLS.
I love the direction Mercedes styling is heading. Futuristic while still being muted.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/09/09/official-2015-mercedes-amg-gt/

mercedes-amg-gt-1-01-640x411.jpg

Funny that back in the 90's, Mercedes used the Toyota Camry as their benchmark for quailty. They found out that making their cars reliable meant less business for their parts/service business. So they made them less reliable cars. Most Mercs from the 90's are better cars than the cars they sell today. Keep this in mind, all these fancy gadgets the Germans put in their cars have already been tested by Toyota. If Toyota doesn't put in their cars, there is good reason why.

We have a 2006 E350. From my research. These were the most reliable car from Mercedes. Stay away from used S classes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJzoyCPiAjg

I recently owned a C class Benz. I will never purchase or lease a Benz again. Worst reliabilty of any vehicle I've owned. One thing I have learned from my experience , they make great looking, handling, powerfull cars. But they are not meant to be a daily driver. Mercedes used to make excellent reliable vehicles but not any more. Ontop of that therir service is below any other brand I have dealt with in regards to knowing how to repair or service the vehicle. Their models and technology is changing so rapidly that the service techs have no clue what they are doing. I cant tell you how many times I had to leave my car overnight for them to try and fix a problem. And good luck getting parts even the dealer has to wait days for any common parts.

In summary amazing cars when they are working fine. Once things need fixing , takes forever to solve and not a very reliabl brand anymore. Not sure if BMW or Audi are any better.

Hope you have better luck than I did with my C Class Benz.

Can you still park anywhere you want whenever you want, own the left lane, get up peoples ***** in school zones and change lanes without signalling? Then it's just another Merc.

Funny that back in the 90's, Mercedes used the Toyota Camry as their benchmark for quailty. They found out that making their cars reliable meant less business for their parts/service business. So they made them less reliable cars. Most Mercs from the 90's are better cars than the cars they sell today. Keep this in mind, all these fancy gadgets the Germans put in their cars have already been tested by Toyota. If Toyota doesn't put in their cars, there is good reason why.

We have a 2006 E350. From my research. These were the most reliable car from Mercedes. Stay away from used S classes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9rJwEOCus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJzoyCPiAjg

Hilarious channel. I just wish he didn't scream into every one of the vids.

yea that first video is dead on. Buyer beware. The poster that mentioned how cheap their "A" and "B" service are was either very conservative or misleading. The cheapest "A" service was around $500.00 for a glorified oil change and "B" service closer to $1,000 which is basically a glorified oil change plus wiper blades and air filter.

I will say one thing about Mercedes Canada though. When my car was was just out of warranty. I had a oil leak that fried a sensor. The repair was going to be be around $2000-$3000. I noted to the dealer that because I always brought my car to them for service that they should of found the leak before my warranty was up. Mercedes Canada agreed with me and covered the cost of the repair plus free rental car for 3 days. It was still a hastle of constantly bringing the car in.

The best advice I can give (and this came directly from a MB salesman). Not many people actually buy a new Benz. They lease them, that way most of the repairs are always covered under warranty. Once you are out of warranty be prepared to budget for huge repair bills.

63K out the door but that's with heads up display sport package amg interior and few other goodies

I was gonna say 60k and was only a few grand off....Base price is probably 40k-ish

After having recently been through the purchase of a new E and a GLK I know first hand how much those goodies add up to, and you can't just get a base Benz either, then the tax is ***** too. But man, they're pretty awesome...even sitting in traffic they can put a smile on your face.

Yowsers, thats pretty crazy money. Hard to ignore the E class when you're in this price range.

E350 loaded after tax/pdi came out to 87k and change. Different ballgame. Also I don't know why OP is comparing a 5 series to a C/A4

Pretty much loaded C400 is about $625 per month on a lease.
Pretty much loaded 335xi is about $813 per month on a lease.

BMW is going to have some stiff competition with this new Benz.

In the eariler years, when you buy a Benz, you keep it for life. You don't get that now. So they were worth the money back then.

They used be to literally bomb proof reliability. They were the car of choice in Africa and mid-east because they wouldn't die.

I think the accountants took over in the mid-90's and started to make the cars less reliable for more profit.

Yowsers, thats pretty crazy money. Hard to ignore the E class when you're in this price range.

Back
Top Bottom