mercedesc class to put the boots to bmw 5 series..audi4 and other competitors | GTAMotorcycle.com

mercedesc class to put the boots to bmw 5 series..audi4 and other competitors

the bandit

Banned
Site Supporter
By the look of the mercedes 2015 c300 and c400 quite the improvement in power numbers and looks. So much so that I was planning on buying out my leased 2012 but couldn't resist. Took the c400 for a test drive and wow 329 horse 354 torque v-6 BITURBOwith 5 ride settings with air adjustable ride it handles and corners like a dream. Every single review I have read nothing but praise and are saying that the competitors BMW...Audi are gonna lose market share. Fell in love they only had a couple in stock so I bit the bullet and signed on the dotted line. So if you guys see a black merc at a group ride you will understand and I will keep up. LOL

By the look of the mercedes 2015 c300 and c400 quite the improvement in power numbers and looks. So much so that I was planning on buying out my leased 2012 but couldn't resist. Took the c400 for a test drive and wow 329 horse 354 torque v-6 BITURBOwith 5 ride settings with air adjustable ride it handles and corners like a dream. Every single review I have read nothing but praise and are saying that the competitors BMW...Audi are gonna lose market share. Fell in love they only had a couple in stock so I bit the bullet and signed on the dotted line. So if you guys see a black merc at a group ride you will understand and I will keep up. LOL

My dad had a white Merc. It was a Monterey Breezeway Sedan. They don't make 'em like they used to.

its the real deal. they no longer have to relegate the C class to entry level status now that the CLA has arrived.

The C class has a lot of S class DNA, I'm impressed.

My dad had a white Merc. It was a Monterey Breezeway Sedan. They don't make 'em like they used to.
Definitely Baggsy. They used to be bullet-proof, not anymore

its the real deal. they no longer have to relegate the C class to entry level status now that the CLA has arrived.

The C class has a lot of S class DNA, I'm impressed.

Definitely Baggsy. They used to be bullet-proof, not anymore

SUNNYS exactly what they are caling it the baby S and rockerguy not looking to stop bullets just go fast and look good HaHa

I recently owned a C class Benz. I will never purchase or lease a Benz again. Worst reliabilty of any vehicle I've owned. One thing I have learned from my experience , they make great looking, handling, powerfull cars. But they are not meant to be a daily driver. Mercedes used to make excellent reliable vehicles but not any more. Ontop of that therir service is below any other brand I have dealt with in regards to knowing how to repair or service the vehicle. Their models and technology is changing so rapidly that the service techs have no clue what they are doing. I cant tell you how many times I had to leave my car overnight for them to try and fix a problem. And good luck getting parts even the dealer has to wait days for any common parts.

In summary amazing cars when they are working fine. Once things need fixing , takes forever to solve and not a very reliabl brand anymore. Not sure if BMW or Audi are any better.

Hope you have better luck than I did with my C Class Benz.

Last edited:
I recently owned a C class Benz. I will never purchase or lease a Benz again. Worst reliabilty of any vehicle I've owned. One thing I have learned from my expr
Yours must have been built on a friday going into a long weekend Lol never had a single issue my my 2012

SUNNYS exactly what they are caling it the baby S and rockerguy not looking to stop bullets just go fast and look good HaHa

you buy from MB Oakville? those guys are a bunch of jokers. Had a bad experience with them a few months ago. Burlington MB was too snooty for my taste.

Ended up buying from Victoria Star in Kitchener, MUCH better. Highly recommend everybody buy from there.

you buy from MB Oakville? those guys are a bunch of jokers. Had a bad experience with them a few months ago. Burlington MB was too snooty for my taste.

Ended up buying from Victoria Star in Kitchener, MUCH better. Highly recommend everybody buy from there.
Yup oakvile a friend works there hooked me up

I recently owned a C class Benz. I will never purchase or lease a Benz again. Worst reliabilty of any vehicle I've owned. One thing I have learned from my experience , they make great looking, handling, powerfull cars. But they are not meant to be a daily driver. Mercedes used to make excellent reliable vehicles but not any more. Ontop of that therir service is below any other brand I have dealt with in regards to knowing how to repair or service the vehicle. Their models and technology is changing so rapidly that the service techs have no clue what they are doing. I cant tell you how many times I had to leave my car overnight for them to try and fix a problem. And good luck getting parts even the dealer has to wait days for any common parts.

In summary amazing cars when they are working fine. Once things need fixing , takes forever to solve and not a very reliabl brand anymore. Not sure if BMW or Audi are any better.

Hope you have better luck than I did with my C Class Benz.
Well put from your experiences and Thank you

I swear my car was in the shop every 10,000 kms. One positive , I did my first brake job at 160,000 kms. Cost me over $3,000 but man do those brakes last forever and amazing stopping power.

been driving my 2003 c240 4matic wagon for 11 years besides front cv joints every 4 years its been a good car

I bought mine from Burlington. Best dealership hands down. They have a movie theatre and a golf simulator lol.

Really? You just said this a few months ago.

I wouldn't touch any of the German makes, esp used ones....

That's a 180 from your advice.

I didn't like some of the changes coming for the 2015 C, so I picked up a 2014 C300 4matic this winter. Love the car, it gets along great with my wifes 08 B Class too, which has been solid. I only have 6000 km on it so far, not a flaw, other than my wife is too light to always be detected by the passenger side air bag system, but we have that sorted out.

Really? You just said this a few months ago.

That's a 180 from your advice.
Preaches good thing about Honda but doesn't ride/drive a Honda

Can someone elaborate on the regular service intervals and associated costs for the periodical maintenance?

I'm looking at possibly upgrading and had my eyes set on the C series as opposed to the BMW 3 series.
I'm assuming a 15 - 20% premium all around ... gas/maintenance.
Currently I have a Honda.

Opinions from owners appreciated.

Can someone elaborate on the regular service intervals and associated costs for the periodical maintenance?

I'm looking at possibly upgrading and had my eyes set on the C series as opposed to the BMW 3 series.
I'm assuming a 15 - 20% premium all around ... gas/maintenance.
Currently I have a Honda.

Opinions from owners appreciated.

Service intervals are once a year or every 20,000km on the gas models and once a year or every 15,000km on the diesels. Services are staggered, first service is a minor approx $300, second service is a major approx $600. Wear and tear items will increase your servicing costs i.e. brakes, tires.

As an MB sales consultant I guess you could say I'm a a little bias but I've had the opportunity to drive all of BMW's and Audi's products. There is no comparison to over all ride quality and finish. If anyone would like any further information regarding any of our vehicles please don't hesitate to PM me.

:)

Standard maintenance with oil change interval at 1 year or 15K isn't bad, service A is under $300. Other service schedule B+C are more expensive, don't really pay attention, but I don't recall paying over $1000.

Back
Top Bottom