Anyone leased a bike before? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone leased a bike before?

JustinRR

I know some places offer leasing on motorcycles, but has anyone been able to leased one before? What are the rates like in comparison with purchasing it then reselling afterwards?

:lmao:

yes they do, you travel in the wrong circles. you can lease anything if enough money is involved.

Dropping the bike may affect your end of lease. :p

Why buy when you can rent? If bike leasing became popular, watch prices shoot up 30% like it did with the people who rent luxury cars.

BMW does something like leasing.

Around here, many think acquiring a BMW motorcycle is equivalent to acquiring the bubonic plague.

Example :

[SIZE=+1]3asy Ride:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]The 3asy Ride program is a new easy way to finance your BMW motorcycle. The highlights are:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
    [*]33% down
    [*]3.3% APR
    [*]33 monthly payments
    [*]33% final payment
    [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

Last edited:
Why buy when you can rent? If bike leasing became popular, watch prices shoot up 30% like it did with the people who rent luxury cars.

Because you'll pay out the *** for it...

Buy a used bike instead, ride a couple years, sell and get all your money back.

BMW does something like leasing.

Around here, many think acquiring a BMW motorcycle is equivalent to acquiring the bubonic plague.

Example :

[SIZE=+1]3asy Ride:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]The 3asy Ride program is a new easy way to finance your BMW motorcycle. The highlights are:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
    [*]33% down
    [*]3.3% APR
    [*]33 monthly payments
    [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]33% final payment[/SIZE]
That's nothing like leasing. In the end you own the bike. Leasing is renting a vehicle you cannot afford to buy or finance. Most new BMW and Mercedes cars are leased.

Because you'll pay out the *** for it...

Buy a used bike instead, ride a couple years, sell and get all your money back.

When leasing became popular on cars, prices shot up, so the rare people who pay cash got stung, but leasing is a ripoff.

That's nothing like leasing. In the end you own the bike. Leasing is renting a vehicle you cannot afford to buy or finance. Most new BMW and Mercedes cars are leased.

When it comes to the final 33%, You can trade it in, and start all over again with a new bike. so its like "leasing"

If leasing rate makes sense, I don't see why we need to ever buy bikes, especially new bikes. For the majority of bikes yes you may be able to find used on Kijiji. But for many bikes they are usually unavailable. Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilla, etc. I can never find a used bike that I want from these brands. I have a tendency to sell bike after a year, so for me to lease one for 2 years or whatever the lease term is will be much better off since I don't have to worry reselling in the future. It is very hard to resell these bikes in the used market, because of their high price and general high maintenance cost associated with them.

I wouldn't mind leasing a new vfr800. My daily rides I don't care too much about keeping for the long haul. My diamonds i'll keep those.

Back
Top Bottom