just passed M1X test in TO | GTAMotorcycle.com

just passed M1X test in TO

ilmarin77

Hello Everybody,

I just passed M1 exit test with Learning Curves last weekend. I am new to motorcycling and also recently moved to Totoronto from Montreal.

Now deciding should I get motorcycle now or wait till the next season?

Welcome / Bienvenue.

Congratulations on getting your M2. Get the bike now... no time like the present! Lots of riding time yet!

What kind of bike you looking for?

Welcome aboard and congrats! Remember that until you're eligible for your M2, you should just avoid riding at night, on the major expressways and taking passengers. Yes, it's tempting.. I may have even given in to the temptation once or twice, but it's not worth the risk ;)

Congrats.

If you have somewhere to store it, I would pick up a used bike now/soonish, you can get some good deals. If not, it's not a big deal. I did my M1X in the Fall a couple years back and didn't get my first bike until early the following Spring.

Some good deals to be had at the end of the season, but may not save enough to cover the necessary insurance over that time. I'd so go and get one as soon as possible. Get a chair also, so you can sit in your garage and ogle it all winter...

M1 Exit test = M2 ;)

If you got the $$$ then buy one now.

Welcome aboard and congrats! Remember that until you're eligible for your M2, you should just avoid riding at night, on the major expressways and taking passengers. Yes, it's tempting.. I may have even given in to the temptation once or twice, but it's not worth the risk ;)

M1 Exit test = M2 ;)

If you got the $$$ then buy one now.

Nope.. I took mine through Humber, so even though I passed, I had to take the sealed envelope to the MTO office on such and such date to get an M2 issued to me.

Yes, I have to wait at least 60 days since I got my M1 (end of August). So, even though I have the sealed envelope now - have to wait untill the end of october before I get M2.

For the bikes - during the course I was mostly riding Honda GS Titan (standard bike with 125cc engine). Got to try Honda Grom, Honda CBR125 and Kawasaki Ninja 250. So far the standard is my favorite. I don't have my own garage, but there is a chance that a relative will let me store the bike in his garage during the winter as long as it will not interfere with his cars (it's a two car garage and he have got two cars sitting there). So will have to work around that.

Last edited:
Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

You will find better deals at the end of the season, and will have plenty of time to shop around for the best insurance rate as well.

Congratulations on passing!

Who were your instructors?

Congrats. If you have $$ there's no time like the present. When I got my M2 last September 2013 I purchased my (used) bike a month after. Since then I've put 15,000kms on her all done within a 3-4 hour radius from where I live. As a newb like me you will find the time to ride any chance you get, even if it's a quick jaunt to the grocery store, burning your coffee money for 2 hours of cheap thrills on a nice day, or taking the long way home. Hook up with a local riding group too - I found this to be very helpful in maintaining skills and a good social thing too.

Enjoy the bike shopping experience!

Back
Top Bottom