New Miata meooww | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Miata meooww

Finally! It's a about time they spiced it up. Great handling car but always looked like a shoe...

Now I want to see it in a hard-top convertable version.

I see what you are talking about. But I do not agree.
Honestly, the cars in the picture may look alike because it is the same format after all, but in person (let's say in a parking lot) you would never confuse one with another. They are pretty different.

Also... if originality is a good thing, then merit should be given to the original, the first one. And that is the Mazda Miata.

MG, Alfa Romeo, and Triumph all might have something to say about being first.

Agreed. Never said they compared. never been a miata fan since day one. They fugly. I know the scene kid wanna be drifter boys disagree but you wouldn't catch me driving in one.

EOS makes sense over Miata .... you would definitely stood out in that beautiful car. I have seen only probably 5 in the last 5 years ... I guess people are not exactly rushing to pay 10K more for just EOS? Or what's the other reason you simply don't ever see them on the road?

I don't think it's a size of your junk thing. Many regard cars like that as a total chick ride. I know in the kid scene they're they new "dope" stanced favorite but that doesn't change what it is. This one is worse looking than the older versions imo.

for sure! Downunder we refered to the MX5 as a "Hairdresser car" - because so many female (and male) hairdressers owned them - lol.

EOS makes sense over Miata .... you would definitely stood out in that beautiful car. I have seen only probably 5 in the last 5 years ... I guess people are not exactly rushing to pay 10K more for just EOS? Or what's the other reason you simply don't ever see them on the road?

IMHO, MX-5 can be made man friendly (wheels/fender flares), EOS will always look like a chick car.

I am not so sure it is better looking, but the EOS for sure is rare. There was one at the place where I used to work, the only one I have ever seen up close.

There are (relatively) cheap too! 2008 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T COMFORTLINE, $12,752 with 106,784 km

for sure! Downunder we refered to the MX5 as a "Hairdresser car" - because so many female (and male) hairdressers owned them - lol.

Not sure what you are talking about.
People call it a chick car and it is ironic, because no chicks actually buy it. You always see an ol' fart driving them.

Agreed. Never said they compared. never been a miata fan since day one. They fugly. I know the scene kid wanna be drifter boys disagree but you wouldn't catch me driving in one.
Yes I know, sorry.. wasn't trying to troll you. The EoS is an awesome car, but IMO a bit chick-ish.. even more so than the miata. I guess it's because I've seen tons of them around the beaches area, almost always driven by a blonde lady in her 40's.

I think the Miata is a great car for those who don't want to spend much $$ on a side car and still have some kicks on the back roads. Kind of like a 250cc bike for someone who isn't overly passionate about motorcycling and is fine with a relatively cheap <new> bike to scratch the itch.

I personally loved the Honda S2K. I hope they bring it back with a more modern styling. The engine on that car was unbelievable.
Great car, 2 seater, convertible with a hardtop option + a fantastic engine, lots of mods available.

Damnit, BRB.. looking for a used one.

c445449a.jpg
\

Not sure what you are talking about.
People call it a chick car and it is ironic, because no chicks actually buy it. You always see an ol' fart driving them.

Dude. You're grasping. All the old farts are driving those new land yachts, aka mustangs, camaros, and challengers. With more money the get the vettes. :)

Last edited:
Dude. You're grasping. All the old farts are driving mustangs, camaros, vettes, and challengers. :)

As if. All the chicks are buying are Civics, Corollas, and Altimas. When they grow up they get into a minivan or SUV or japanese sedan. If the chicks want to splurge, they get Lexus, Jaguars, or Benz. No Miatas.

You'll never see EOS at autocross events. Miata's aplenty.

Which one was the chick car again? :lol:

Sent from my Z30

How does a MC do on side impacts? You treat em with the limitations they have....I'd say.

For whatever it's worth, all the Miatas listed in the IBC's HCMU report have a green rating for accident benefits... only covers 2004-2008 though.

Back
Top Bottom